Credit Card Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
For more than 45 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 120 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our associates' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With total assets over $52.2 billion, we're ranked among the top 25 largest banks by asset size in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes magazine as one of 'America's Best Banks.' With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
We are currently seeking a Credit Card Analyst.
* full cycle of underwriting activity including application assessment, tracking and managing new application activity and, within the position's lending authority, approving new consumer credit
* management of underwriting requirements to ensure that all credit activities meet regulatory requirements as well as established procedures and processes.
* creating and executing queries against the underwriting and account systems supporting the credit card business to extract data for required analysis from various systems in the consumer credit card business unit.
* perform analysis of data to create performance reporting and cross-section views of various performance factors related to underwriting, approval/decline and operations factors
* be familiar with ad hoc reporting tools and their use as well as databases and spreadsheets in support of data analysis
* possess or demonstrate the ability to learn other card related processes in support of the business unit including but not limited to; daily settlement processing; conduct dispute and fraud case research and take action to resolve issues for cardholders and internal stake-holders; liaise with external vendors; out-put management reports and financial data based on card activity; develop knowledge of credit card regulatory environment
* self-direct their activity and take ownership of various processes and requirements.
* Minimum of 3 years consumer lending experience or 1 year with a bachelor's degree or higher
* Experience extracting data through various ad hoc reporting methods
* Ability to analyze data and create relevant reports providing various views of business operations
* Must be able to communicate their analysis effectively with peers, stakeholders and senior management
* Knowledge of basic accounting methods and processes (i.e. general ledger reconciliation)
* Experience with credit, debit or pre-paid card products highly desirable
* Knowledge of regulatory requirements for consumer lending highly desirable
* Must be proficient to expert in Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Microsoft Excel