Teller - PT 20 hrs
Employment Type: Full-Time
Perform a variety of routine teller duties to include processing transactions, identifying basic potential financial needs and, based on that identification, making referrals to the platform area as appropriate.
Responsibilities for the Teller role include, but are not limited to the following:
* Process deposits to customer accounts; includes verification of cash, verification of endorsements, and providing customers with receipts.
* Cash checks for customers and non-customers.
* Process and properly record the sale of monetary instruments (i.e. official bank checks)
* Process foreign currency purchases and sales.
* Redeem savings bonds.
* Properly file all government-mandated reports related to large cash transactions and the sale of all monetary instruments.
* Process various types of loan payments and credit card cash advances.
* Assist with providing customers with access to safe deposit area.
* Actively engages in the sales process by identifying potential financial needs for customers and non-customers alike and makes appropriate referrals of such leads to the platform staff for follow-up.
* (SEASONAL ONLY) Students entering their sophomore or junior year
* Incumbent must be outgoing, have good customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Individual should be a self-starter and be technically literate High school or eqivilent required.
* Work Requirements: Ability to stand and remain standing for up to five hours at a time without a break.