Eaton Co-Op Program - Applications Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
We make what matters work.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we're solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What sets our Early Talent Programs apart:
* Each individual's development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
* Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
* By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate's unique skill set and high potential.
* The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters - and we're here to make it work. Are you ready?
Completion of sophomore year by the start of the Co-Op. This Co-Op is designed to provide opportunities to a diverse mix of students who demonstrate the same high level of ethics, values, creativity and performance we expect from our employees. During the 12 to 14 week paid Co-Op, students will work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business and will be coached and mentored by Eaton leaders.
This program provides candidates with great exposure to Eaton and would prepare them for a potential opportunity to be considered for the Eaton Leadership Development Programs or an engineering or operations role within Eaton upon graduation.
Example assignments might include:
* Working with a team to develop test fixtures for verifying performance of various elements of Switchgear and Motor Control assemblies. As a member of the team, you will work with lead engineers on design principles such as defining requirements, contributing to definition of hardware design, define test plans and perform validation testing to confirm that system and functional requirements are met.
* Working with a team to document and organize standards for control schematics along with other collateral utilized to fulfill customer requirements.
* Working with a team to improve productivity of the application engineering function through testing and implementation of engineering systems.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
* Actively enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in engineering with a major in electrical engineering from an accredited institution.
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher (please do not round).
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
* Geographical flexibility to relocate within the Southeastern United States for the duration of the Co-op Program.
* Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 of higher.
* Completion of sophomore year by the start of the co-op.
* Prior internship or co-op experience.
* Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The salary range for this role is $3,360 - $4,200/month. This rate may be subject to adjustment based on location and cost of living adjustment.
To Apply: In addition to applying through the campus system, interested candidates must apply to www.eaton.com/careers in order to be considered for this opportunity
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Development Planning
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time