Major Account Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Eaton Corporation's North America Electrical Sales Division, located in the Western Region, has an immediate opening for a Major Account Manager. No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within the state of California, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada or Oregon to be considered.
The Major Account Manager has primary relationship management responsibility for assigned account(s). The account responsibility includes a select number of clients with an annual electrical spend of $150-300 million and an annual order volume of $40 - 80 million. As the primary customer interface, this position leads a national sales, service and support team effort in driving accelerated, profitable growth aligned with the action based national account sales plan for each assigned account. This role is responsible for developing a keen understanding of the assigned account(s) business needs and drivers, decision making process and buying behavior and for leading the development and delivery of specifically tailored value propositions, accurate, recommended solution proposals and complete, customer life-cycle services. Solutions will encompass Eaton's entire electrical offer portfolio consisting of Products, Systems, Solutions and Services with a short-term emphasis on Eaton/PDI products and solutions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
* Manage account relationships involving account resources at appropriate decision-making level with titles up to and including C-level executives.
* Partake in on-going assessment of relationship efficiency and effectiveness, insuring Eaton is in the best position to win profitable business.
* Lead, coordinate and define a single, action oriented, national account plan including input from all members of the national sales, service and support team assigned and associated with the client(s) and as mutually agreed, where appropriate, by the assigned account(s).
* Project manage the execution of the national account plan, providing required status and results reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
* Drive national account opportunity identification, pursuit and closure - involving applicable Products, Systems, Solutions and Services.
* Provide necessary, company-wide visibility to the assigned account(s) opportunity pipeline and include this critical information in all required status and results reporting.
* Lead, develop and manage key account negotiations - standing agreements or transactional, including Terms & Conditions, Pricing, Service Level Agreements, etc.
* Insure necessary regional and local account sales, service & support resources are assigned, engaged in execution of the national account plan, actively and with agreed priority
* Resolve any resource misalignment or account priority issues with the appropriate regional or local resource structural manager.
* Leverage ingrained knowledge of Eaton's offer portfolio, pre-sale, delivery/execution and services capabilities where the assigned client(s) has operations.
* Provide specific Voice of Customer feedback to appropriate product, system, solution and service business leaders - for future product development, quality, modification, customer satisfaction and other purposes.
* Conduct Customer relationship review process (CRR) activities for assigned account(s).
* Lead, develop and deliver presentations involving a variety (Company overview, Programs, Products, Systems, Solutions, Services, Account Plan, etc.) to appropriate resources at various levels in the assigned account(s).
* Participate and provide customer specific input to Segment, Product and Services Marketing Plan development and Profit Planning for Products, Systems and Services businesses.
* Assist with specific global opportunities and coordinate with GAM as needed to ensure consistency across the regions. Some infrequent global travel may be required/requested to ensure successful kick-off meetings.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
* Minimum 10 years' experience in sales and sales management within the electrical industry
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
* No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the state of California, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Nevada or Oregon will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
* MBA or post-graduate degree
* Minimum of 2-3 years in strategic marketing
* Minimum 3 years' experience in Sales Management
* Exposure working in target Hyperscale datacenter segment or with target client(s)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is $112,246 - $154,338 a year.
Eligible for a performance-based Sales Incentive Plan with a target at 30% of base.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PQD PDI
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time