Quality Team Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Ecolab is currently seeking a Quality Team Lead at our Joliet, IL manufacturing plant. This position will report to the Quality Manager and will support approximately 15 professional lab technicians supporting a 24-hour operation and ensuring that quality standards are implemented, sustained, and managed.
What's in it For You:
* Opportunity for a long term career path that allows for exposure into all areas of the Ecolab's supply chain
* Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
* Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
* Comprehensive benefits packages in line with market and industry standards
What You Will Do:
* Manage a team of 13 lab technicians on a 24/7 operation
* Selects, trains, develops, retains top talent for the lab
* Use Chemistry knowledge and support from Quality Engineer to make final decisions on product quality
* Maintains and manages all quality records; auditing when needed
* Establishes and maintains procedures for laboratory safety management
* Provides technical support to plant operating staff
* Represents plant to regulatory agencies when needed
* Manage the production specification implementation process. Maintain the use up and changeover process for raw material / package component/label changes - communicate the change, coordinate the bill of material change to match real time change. Audit the change process and the bills of material to be sure all changes have been implemented.
* Conduct the inspection and testing of finished goods inventory on plant produced items and non-plant produced items as needed due to product complaints or other identified quality issues.
* Establish and maintain all laboratory equipment, methods, and reagents using the method assurance procedures, calibration procedures and standardization procedures as required by the Global QC Manual. Resolve issues that arise on the accuracy/correctness of methods or reagents or equipment.
* Establish and monitor on an ongoing basis that chemical raw materials are tested against the Ecolab specification C of A's are received as proof of meeting the Ecolab specification for chemical raw materials that require testing. Coordinate the review of the chemical raw materials that should be tested. Resolve a problem chemical raw material by interfacing with Corporate or Local Research, Development & Engineering or suppliers or other plants, as needed.
* Support Corporate Quality and evaluate customer complaints to resolve issues by identifying the root cause and participating in identifying the action needed to eliminate the root cause.
* Serve as communication liaison between the lab and the Quality engineers on site to support each R&D division to resolve day-to-day questions that arise on products, product specs, rework, complaints, plant QC procedures, FDA/EPA requirements, etc.
* Maintain the procedures for FDA products, GMP requirements, including production record reviews, incoming raw material lot approval, product testing, label control, sample retainer maintenance, and GMP procedure maintenance.
* Support the complaint handling process to assure timely and accurate feedback. Participate in an in depth, detailed investigations. Provide follow-up on the outcome of the complaint process to eliminate root cause that have been identified.
* Maintain the retainer review process. Provide a mechanism to document variations identified and report them to the appropriate R&D division. Verify that all required retainers are being taken and retention requirements are being met.
* Establish and maintain the daily execution of production specification QC requirements including finished product testing, data recording accuracy, maintaining retainers and analytical testing.
* Maintain and improve safety procedures in the laboratory. Audit that safety requirements are being met or followed.
* Recommend continuous improvement projects related to TPM and support the Site's goal of achieving TPM Bronze by the end of 2021.
* Learn, understand, and improve the daily functions of the lab tech team.
* Bachelor's degree Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific area
* 2+ years of related experience, including working with or in a manufacturing/plant environment
* Immigration sponsorship not available for this opportunity
* 4+ years experience with 3 + years experience in consumer product industry, regulated production or similar manufacturing environment & related Supply Chain or R & D function.
* 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
* Previous Lab Tech or Chemist experience
* Strong written & oral communication skills and experience with ERP and electronic specification systems.
* Expertise in ISO 9001, GMP and in managing quality improvement projects.
* Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
* TPM experience or knowledge.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.