Transcatheter Heart Valves Outreach & Physician Education Manager - Southeast
Employment Type: Full-Time
The primary responsibility of the Outreach & Physician Education Manager (OPEM) is to execute Transcatheter Heart Valve's (THVs) Outreach and Education vision to ensure the availability of TAVR to all patients that are in need and meet the requirements. The OPEM will participate in identifying restrictions to patient access and contribute to developing outreach initiatives within a territory, region and area. This is accomplished in part by establishing mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with key physicians and their clinical staff. The OPEM, in collaboration, with the Sales organization, will define areas of opportunity along the Heart Team referral pathway to maximize their patient access.
* Develop relationships with HCPs through regular outreach and education (live and virtual) activities, referring HCP visits, product demonstration and conference participation.
* Identify and meet with existing and potential HCPs to identify clinical needs, and constraints related to TAVR adoption.
* Be able to identify and differentiate root cause of patient access restrictions between outreach and patient pathway.
* Establish an understanding of referral dynamics and how patient access may be restricted or delayed
* Identify account specific bottlenecks and work with sales team to refer to internal partners
* Ensure a firm grasp of account activity and current/historical performance to establish strategies for educating physicians about SSAS, TAVR, and the patient pathway.
* Become a disease state expert, to help HCP's better understand patient selection, referral timeline, Heart Team concept, treatment options, and TAVR clinical data.
* Execute market assessment, including patient population, diagnosis, and treatment funnel/rate. Articulate growth opportunities including patient pathway restrictions to Sales Leadership.
* Develops analysis and compiles presentations for local, regional and area teams to understand geographic barriers and opportunities.
* Work collaboratively with Regional Directors (RD) and Territory Managers (TM) to identify underserved markets and geographies to support therapy awareness objectives.
* Work closely with Sales Operations to develop outreach objectives and timelines.
* Travel up to 30% in local territory, region and area
* A Bachelor's or equivalent four (4) year clinical degree in Life Sciences or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
* Minimum of seven (7) years' experience as a commercial Clinical Sales Specialist or Pharmaceutical Sales within the medical device industry.
* Direct clinical experience within interventional cardiology may substitute for some corporate experience.
* Preferred experience in Pharma or Clinical Sales.
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.