Networks Security Solution Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Networks Security Solution Architect
Location: Plano, Texas or Northeast, United States
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we've made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you're welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity!
As part of Market Area North America, an Ericsson Security Solutions Architect will support, drive and participate in customer engagements and related industry discussions that require expertise in multiple security domains across the Networks and Digital Services organizations. This individual will ensure that projects are completed according to Ericsson standards and customer requirements while being mindful of industry trends and regulations. This role requires a holistic view of the network to ensure an end to end security posture and minimize risk to Ericsson and its customers.
The architect will work closely with the customer unit to be able to propose improvements and identify new business opportunities related to security within service provider, IT and commercial cloud environments, among others. The architect may also occasionally work with government agencies, standards bodies, industry committees and similar groups in helping to further work in the field of networking and security, while providing proper representation of Ericsson's high standards. Success is based on developing and maintaining trusted customer and industry relationships.
Engagement opportunities will primarily include:
* RAN, Core and Cloud Network security, spanning 3G, 4G and 5G infrastructure
* Virtualized architectures including SDN/NFV and Open system technologies
* Regulatory and compliance analysis
* NIST Risk Management Framework execution
* Advisory services covering classic security, risk and vulnerability analysis
Additional areas of focus may include:
* Addressing security, risk and/or vulnerability assessments and compliance
* Network security architecture, design and optimization
* End to end network design and optimization
* Security operations, management and monitoring
* Cloud and virtualization security
* PKI infrastructure and integration
* Data privacy considerations and assessments
* 3rd party security product integration and advisory services
* Deliver quality security advisory projects, managing risk, budget, workload and time across multiple assignments
* Develop or recommend security capabilities and improvements, share project learning and contribute to thought leadership activities.
* Develop and update collateral such as whitepapers, webinars, presentations, etc
* Contribute to and build RFP responses, solution documents, questionnaires, customer presentations and related documents
* Analyze customer offerings, market scenarios and go to market strategies
* Collaborate with customers, Ericsson security SME's, Product Managers and Project Managers to deliver quality projects and expand the Ericsson business
* Moderate travel might be necessary, including the possibility for international engagements as well as extended on-site work
To be successful in the role you must have:
* At least 4 years of experience in the Network Security industry, having proven experience in complex transformational projects and security consulting engagements
* Experience working with large scale business processes, architectures and organizations (large enterprise, service provider, critical infrastructure, etc)
* Experience in security auditing and/or assessments of various types (vulnerability, network, process, policy, risk, etc)
* Good understanding of TCP/IP, L2/L3 LAN/WAN and mobile networks; preferably expertise in at least one of RAN, Core or Management/Operations domains within large networks
* Expected to hold and maintain one or more current security certifications commensurate with experience and area of focus (e.g. CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, etc)
Ericsson Inc. does not sponsor US work authorization for this job position including H-1B, O-1, L-1 and TN. Ericsson also does not hire F-1's working on EAD for this position.
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds - you will be redefining it. You won't develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: