Strategy and Transactions- Corporate Real Estate- Senior
Employment Type: Full-Time
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Transaction Real Estate Senior you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Transaction Real Estate network of specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Real Estate Practice. We address complex issues in commercial real estate. We advise our clients on analytical, valuation, operational, hospitality and other business advisory services. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior within Transaction Real Estate - Corporate Real Estate (CRE) you are likely to spend your day working on advisory engagements involving portfolio analysis, including scenario development and financial modeling of companies and proposed projects. You will work with the engagement manager for CRE analysis assignments during Mergers & Acquisitions and will support global site selection, facilities management process, and portfolio optimization analyses.
Skills and attributes for success
* Identify opportunities for portfolio optimization, cost savings and improved ROI.
* Support clients in determining requirements for real estate that align with business plans.
* Analyze and make recommendations with respect to strategic dispositions, investment and market opportunities, hold versus sell analysis, feasibility studies, asset review and market studies, highest and best use analysis, acquisition and advice analysis and valuations for sale/leaseback purposes.
* Develop multiple practical options supported by strong business cases that optimize NPV and enhance personal productivity and innovation.
* Assess occupancy and vacancy to further identify opportunities to streamline clients' real estate portfolios.
* Analyze inputs from the client's strategic planning process business plans (business requirements, costs, facility information, cap-ex requirements, forecasts, occupancy data, lease and market data).
* Provide oversight to the client with various functions involved in the occupancy planning and portfolio planning processes to ensure decisions are made and progress is achieved.
* Integrate other overarching strategies related to workplace, sustainability, labor and finance to govern the portfolio and set a foundation for city master plans and individual asset strategies.
* Optimize clients' internal and external real estate organizational structure with regards to insourcing vs. outsourcing facilities management/transaction management/space and occupancy planning/lease administration support, contract terms analyses and vendor selection.
* Support the creation of portfolio-related governance, processes and tools for our client assignments.
* Conduct demographic, business geography and site selection analysis, related to labor, network and customers (partner with another EY practice focused on incentives negotiation).
* Create execution plans.
* Oversee execution of RE portfolio plans (may include RE broker oversight and coordination).
* Create client deliverables to clearly present analytical findings in a visually compelling format (PowerPoint).
To qualify for the role you must have
* A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business and at least 2 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and at least 1 years of related work experience.
* Technology-savvy skills, with some experience in portfolio modeling software
Ideally, you'll also have
* Previous corporate real estate experience with a consulting company or real estate brokerage firm
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for real estate and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and up to 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession;
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.