Sample Control Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 4.56 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Test America is searching for a Sample Control Technician I in Buffalo, NY.
Logs and tracks the receipt and shipment of all samples into and out of the laboratory and verifies receipt of samples. Assists in preparing bottle kits for delivery to clients and ensures accurate and timely documentation of sample log in, labeling, and routing. Determines the priority level and appropriate testing procedures of samples according to Chain of Custody as well as labels and stores samples in accordance with documented procedures. Additionally, the Sample Control Technician I may be responsible for pick-up and delivery of samples as well as additional customer service, driving, or courier duties as necessary to support laboratory and client needs. Sample Control Technicians will also be responsible for proper disposal of samples and waste in accordance with all applicable procedures.
Sample Control Technician I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Receives and unloads incoming samples or consignments in accordance with DOT regulations and verifies receipt against Chain of Custody (COC), matches it to the corresponding quote and notes discrepancies daily. Verifies that COC's are accurate, complete, and correct and seeks resolution for those that are not.
* Logs samples into Lab Management System daily to assign a lot number for tracking purposes and distributes paperwork to Project Managers.
* Labels samples so they may be identified by the lot number assigns and delivers samples to appropriate labs for analysis daily.
* Prepares bottle kits daily to be shipped to clients to collect samples and return for analysis in accordance with established procedures including EPA and DOT requirements.
* Forwards samples to other laboratories in accordance with DOT regulations as needed to run tests that are not performed at that location.
* Disposes of spent samples, waste and other potentially hazardous materials in accordance with established procedures.
* Monitors freezer and cooler temperatures daily to confirm that the readings are within SOP guidelines.
* Cleans and organizes the department daily to promote a clean, safe work environment and smoother flow of daily operations.
* Maintains and promotes safety and conducts all operations in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
* Stocks and supplies inventory daily and assists with inventory of supplies to maintain proper quantity of materials to perform tasks appropriately.
* Performs splits and composites as needed upon request.
* May perform courier duties as necessitated to support lab and client needs.
* Will be compliant with all driver procedures, certification, and Company driver policies.
* Must be willing to be on-call during non-business hours in order to perform non-routine sampling and delivery.
* Assists in maintenance of walk-in coolers to facilitate locating samples.
* Ships empty coolers back to clients and other Eurofins TestAmerica Laboratories. Logs all outgoing coolers in order to maintain a detailed inventory of all coolers.
* Maintains all company vehicles for sample pickups and deliveries as needed.
* Conducts all client interaction in an appropriate and professional manner.
* Other job duties as determined by local management.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, first shift, with overtime and weekend hours as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Buffalo, NY are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Warehouse experience helpful
* Valid state issued driver's license to operate company vehicles. Ability to pass a Motor Vehicle background check as required for company driver certification.
* Department of Transportation (DOT) Certificate may be required for shipping hazardous chemicals within 90 days of date of hire.
* Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card as well as TSA clearance may be required within 90 days of date of hire.
* Additional client or location licenses or certifications may be required in order to support client and operational needs.
* May drive for long periods, up to 8 hours per day. Able to lift 50 pounds
* Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.