Employment Type: Full-Time
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
* Provide cell plates for assay development and screening. This includes thawing, expanding and plating cells in 384-well format
* Ability to maintain 15-20 cell lines at the same time
* Optimize growth parameters of cell lines and troubleshoot according to SOP
* Maintain master cell bank and inventory for cell culture lab, including electronic records
* Monitor stocks and order supplies for tissue culture group
* Quality check lab equipment
* Curating SOPs and in charge of routine mycoplasma testing
* Support development of novel cell based assays
* Ability to rapidly master new techniques
* Provide support for cell-based screening operation
* Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Word
* Experience using electronic databases desirable
* Highly motivated individual with excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
* The ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays may be required
* Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
* Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
* Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
* Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
* Experience with data management, including databases
* Skille in mammalian cell culture.
* Skill with Excel and Word software. Good oral and written communication skills.
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
* B.Sc. in biological or physical sciences and at least 1-2 year of relevant experience.
* Experience working in a cell culture lab maintaining mammalian cell lines
* Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, CA are encouraged to apply.
* Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.