RN-NC - EHMG Specialty Care Float Pool
Employment Type: Full-Time
COVID-19 Drive Through Testing
Ensures the direct nursing care of patients is conducted within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines for specialty care clinics and departments within EHMG. May assist in the developing of case management protocols.
1. Manages the clinic flow.
2. Provides continuity of care between the clinic, hospital, ER, specialists, Home Health, Hospice and LTC facilities.
3. Triages patients in person and via phone.
4. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs and develops a nursing diagnosis.
5. Participates with the providers to develop and implement the plan of care.
6. Analyzes diagnostic / lab test results and relays that information to the providers.
7. Coordinates critical results in a timely manner.
8. Provides oversight of medical assistants to ensure patient care is provided within established guidelines and evaluates the outcomes of care.
9. Performs nursing visits within scope of practice and assists with developing group visits with manager and providers.
10. Provides education and training for medical assistants in collaboration with the manager and/or RN Quality Manager.
11. Balances workloads and adjusts staffing in various pods to adequately cover providers.
12. Provides safe, family centered nursing patient care and serves as a consultant to the patients and caregivers.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
* Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
* Currently certified in BLS.
* 3 years of previous RN experience
* Care management and patient education skills
* Ability to manage a variety of concurrent programs and projects effectively while Utilizing time, equipment and supplies appropriately.
DESIRED for the position:
* Previous lead and/or supervisory experience demonstrating effective, positive, and constructive feedback skills
* Master's Degree in Nursing