Rare Disease Account Manager - Portland/Salt Lake City Territory
Employment Type: Full-Time
The EVERSANA 'Rare Disease Account Manager' is responsible for developing and implementing a business plan to maximize territory sales for our client, Calliditas Therapeutics' product, Nefecon. The business plan will align with the direction from commercial leadership and with all company guidelines, policies, and directives.
EVERSANA™ is the leading independent provider of global services to the life science industry. The company's integrated solutions are rooted in the patient experience and span all stages of the product lifecycle to deliver long-term, sustainable value for patients, prescribers, channel partners and payers. The company serves more than 500 life science clients, including innovative start-ups and established pharmaceutical companies to advance life science solutions for a healthier world.
Eversana Field Solutions offers our employees competitive compensation (base salary plus quarterly bonuses), fleet vehicle package, paid time off, company paid holidays, excellent training, employee development programs, 401-k plan with an employer match, and an incredible list of comprehensive employer benefits that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance along with a whole host of other valuable programs.
OUR CULTURAL BELIEFS
* Patient Minded I act with the patient's best interest in mind.
* Client Delight I own every client experience and its impact on results.
* Take Action I am empowered and empower others to act now.
* Grow Talent I own my development and invest in the development of others.
* Win Together I passionately connect with anyone, anywhere, anytime to achieve results.
* Communication Matters I speak up to create transparent, thoughtful and timely dialogue.
* Own It I hold myself and others accountable for results.
* Embrace Diversity I create an environment of awareness and respect.
Eversana Client, Calliditas Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on identifying, developing, and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. The Company was formed in 2004 in order to develop and commercialize Nefecon, acquired from Nefecon's inventors, Professors Bengt Fellström and Roger Hällgren at Uppsala University, Sweden. Calliditas is led by an experienced and dedicated management team with more than 15 years of prior experience on average in the pharmaceutical industry, including at leading pharmaceutical companies such as GlaxoSmithKline, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer and UCB. The board of directors includes highly qualified researchers, pharmaceutical sector executives and experts in the fields of drug development, corporate development and pharmaceutical commercialization. Calliditas is supported by a highly regarded network of leading experts within the field of IgAN, including prominent IgAN specialists throughout the world that serve as external advisors and investigators on clinical trials of Nefecon.
Lead product candidate Nefecon is a proprietary, novel oral formulation of budesonide, an established, highly potent local immunosuppressant, for the treatment of the autoimmune renal disease IgA nephropathy, (IgAN) for which there is a high unmet medical need and there are no approved treatments.
Nefecon is currently the only pharmaceutical candidate in development for IgAN that is intended to be disease-modifying. Nefecon targets the ileum, the distal region of the small intestine, which is the presumed origin of IgAN due to the ileum being the location of the highest concentration of the Peyer's patches, which are responsible for the production of secretory immunoglobulin A, or IgA, antibodies. Nefecon has been granted orphan drug designation for the treatment of IgAN in the United States and the European Union.
Reasons to join the EVERSANA / Calliditas Therapeutics Team
* Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy and a rapidly growing clinical-stage pharmaceutical company
* Be a part of the completion of the Nefegard trial and our focus to file for approval with the FDA and EMA
* Fast paced small company environment
* We are building an amazing COMPANY - We are building a team of PERFORMERS that are ready to make IT happen - We are building a CULTURE that you will be proud to be a part of!
As a Rare Disease Account Manager, you will:
* Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. to meet or exceed expectations
* Effectively promote and educate targeted physicians and their practices including, physician colleagues, RNs, NPs, PAs, MAs and office staff on Calliditas Therapeutics' product(s) using company approved resources, sales materials and promotional activities/initiatives as identified by sales leadership
* Achieve sales goals while adhering to ethical sales practices, compliance guidelines and promotional regulations
* Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set metrics and optimizes reach, coverage and frequency to key customers
* Effectively handle objections and concerns while moving the customer to logical and reasonable calls to action
* Continuously build knowledge of customer, territory, market dynamics, product, competitors and disease state
* Share market intelligence to optimize brand strategy and execution
* Effectively communicate product value proposition to customers
* Develop and maintain superior relationships with key decision makers and influencers (MDs, RNs, NPs, PAs, PharmDs, MAs, office staff, etc.) within target physician offices and hospitals.
* Deliver brand messaging in person and virtually to ensure comprehensive coverage of the territory
* Travel as needed throughout territory (may include overnights)
* Report and submit sales calls, reports, activities and territory expenses timely and accurately as defined by sales leadership
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited College/University is required
* A minimum of five years successful pharmaceutical sales experience - with at least 2 of these years in specialty and/or hospital sales
* Experience in nephrology or rare/orphan (specialty product) experience is preferred
* Proficiency in working with specialty drugs via a HUB distribution model is preferred
* Launch experience
* Proven track record of successful performance - must have documentation - national awards
* Excellent presentation skills - ability to proactively identify customer's style / behavior and quickly adapt selling approach
* Demonstrates in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product, and competitor; recognized as an expert resource by all relevant stakeholders
* Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities
* Experience working territory alone yet collaborating and partnering with a team
* Ability to sell both 'face to face' and virtually via Zoom/Teams/teleconferencing
* Builds collaborative partnerships and operates effectively in a matrix environment
* Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges
* Influences others and is viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers
* Consistently displays positive attitude through challenges and change
* Approximately 60% (dependent on geography) travel expectation - overnight travel is required in this role
* Meet all requirements for health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases.
EVERSANA is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.