Architect/Lead Front End Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you ready for your career to take off? Come explore IT opportunities with NetJets! We are expanding our technology teams and are looking for people who want to work on unique, interesting and complex problems, leveraging cutting-edge technologies. Do you want to influence, collaborate and build strategic solutions? Then NetJets could be the place for you!
After more than 55 years, NetJets continues to be the global leader in private aviation and the ultimate career choice for the most passionate aviation enthusiasts. That's because our industry-leading scale and business model all backed by Berkshire Hathaway, allow us a financial sustainability that is dependable and unlike any other in the industry.
Purpose of Position
The Architect/Lead Front End Developer is accountable for being intimately involved with all technical activities, and for providing architectural direction and leadership on assigned project teams. Job duties include, but are not limited to, developing and documenting high-level solution architectures, scoping, approach, estimation, research, tool evaluation, documenting patterns and standards, defining technology strategy, technology evaluation and recommendation, mentoring through hands-on assistance as well as formal/informal training, and some technical development all while adhering to NetJets technology standards and best practices. Must be able to take high level direction, formulate a plan to achieve the goals and execute the plan. Additionally, must be able to work across project teams, Product Owners, and Enterprise Architects and will be expected to work on multiple tasks and initiatives concurrently.
Tasks and Responsibilities
* Be intimately involved with all technical activities and provide architectural direction and leadership on assigned project teams. Additionally, remaining current with regards to architecture and technology trends and help drive change based upon emerging opportunities.
* Drive the scoping, estimation, and the development/documenting of high-level solution architectures for new projects.
* Effectively interact/communicate with business users regarding requirements, design reviews, prototype presentations, etc.
* Provide technical and process coaching/mentoring of project team members regarding the understanding of technologies and processes, which may include leading a Center of Excellence.
Bachelor's in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Years of Experience
6-8 years of experience
Strives for Positive Results
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other (KSAOs)
* 4+ years architecture experience (or 4+ years with a master's degree) providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship.
* Hands on experience with mobile and web development.
* Experience with conceptual and logical data modeling.
* Experience with enterprise integration patterns and best practices.
* Experience in designing fault-tolerant systems and disaster recovery best practices.
* Familiarity with Cloud platforms.
* Experience with Content Management Systems.
* Experience with Agile software development processes.
* Experience facilitating meetings with project teams, business stakeholders, Product Owners, etc., including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary.
* Experience providing technical direction and leadership for multiple projects simultaneously.
* Experience with CI/CD concepts and practices.
* NetJets is a 24/7/365 operation and the job will require evening/weekend work to meet expectations as needed.
* Experience in designing and developing distributed enterprise applications.
* In-depth knowledge working with and managing Git (Bitbucket, Github, CodeCommit).
* Experience developing secure applications, including familiarity with security standards like SAML, OAuth, and OpenID Connect.
* Experience designing and building reusable APIs using OpenAPI, GraphQL or ODATA.
* Experience with integration tools and best practices.
* Knowledge of NoSQL and GraphDB concepts.
* Knowledge/experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS.
* Experience with Nexus/PyPi/NPM.