Sr Software Developer - OMS
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Brand that Gets You to What's Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we're always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Senior Software Developer is a full-time permanent position with comprehensive benefits and a competitive salary. This position is responsible for deliverables in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) starting with scope definition and continuing through implementation and support. This key role is responsible for installation, configuration, engineering and management of complex application environments that may include multiple operating system platforms, languages, and network topologies.
This individual contributor will work with other IT developers, business users, IT infrastructure team members and external vendors (including our Systems Integration partner) to ensure that all deliverables are implemented on time and satisfy all of the business requirements.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or an equivalent combination of course work and job experience
* Years of Experience: 5-7 years of experience with an enterprise order management system
* Responsible for being a technical subject matter expert on the enterprise order management system
* Must have implementation, design and customization experience with an enterprise order management system
* 5+ years Java development experience in a complex IT environment
* 5+ years of Oracle DB with strong SQL experience
* 5+ years of SOAP and RESTful web services development and/or support
* Good familiarity with various languages, databases, operating systems, scripting languages, and utilities
* Participates in full lifecycle projects to understand business requirements and then complete the design, development, testing, implementation and post production support.
* Possess an excellent knowledge of software development (e.g. program design, flowcharting, coding, testing, debugging, etc.).
* Participates in discussions concerning innovative, cost effective ways to implement new technologies to lead in the evaluation of new products, platforms, and technologies leveraging best practices based on industry standards and lessons learned while taking innovative
* Translate functional specifications into technical specifications to provide low level details for development lifecycle.
* Attends meetings that identify functional specifications for modifications, interfaces, reports and screens to ensure solid design that meets business requirements.
* Participates in, system walk-throughs of technical and operational features, functions and attributes of a new or existing software package.
* Provides input on associate evaluations.
* Perform administrative functions relation to project activities; project plans, technical specification development, status reports, issue reporting, etc.
* Ability to determine feasibility of business requests, estimate timelines and resources needed, and assist project manager with project planning.
* Participate in 24/7 on-call support activities
* Must be very proficient in Order Management and OMNI functions
* Experience with Manhattan Enterprise Order Management (EOM) is preferred
* Experience with Manhattan Integration Framework / Webmethods is preferred
* Experience with cloud and micro-services technology is preferred
* Must have solid Oracle SQL skills.
* Must have solid implementation and Upgrade experience.
* Must have great trouble shooting skills
* Must have excellent Analysis and Design skills
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.