Engineering Manager, Facebook Reality Labs Security and Privacy
Employment Type: Full-Time
You can submit up to three job applications every 90 days. Be sure to apply for roles that strongly match your skills and work experience.
Facebook Reality Labs' mission is to give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere. We create new, category-defining consumer hardware and software that are immersive, social, and increase the depth of people's connections. The team is a diverse group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of people live.
Facebook Reality Labs hardware, including Oculus, enables people to defy distance-connecting with each other and the world-through world-class VR hardware and software. The Fundamentals team is part of the Facebook Reality Labs organization at Facebook, responsible for developing hardware products and the software platforms that run on them - and defining the roadmap for the organization.
As an Engineering Manager on the Facebook Reality Labs Security and Privacy team, you'll lead a groundbreaking team to ensure users and developers are safe and delighted with their experiences across our platforms, devices, companion apps, app ecosystem, and more. You'll have the chance to work with many teams (e.g. product development, infrastructure, automation, research, production engineering) across Facebook Reality Labs and Facebook. We have the opportunity to leverage Facebook's infrastructure, which allows us to drive this in a scalable, reliable, and quick manner and provides unique opportunities for career growth.
Engineering Manager, Facebook Reality Labs Security and Privacy Responsibilities
* Help imagine, build and lead our security and privacy strategy to deliver emerging products and services for Facebook Reality Labs.
* Work cross-functionally to design solutions that work across Facebook Reality Labs' product offerings.
* Champion engineering and operations, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
* Establish a solid project framework and development processes.
* Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
* Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
* 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams.
* Experience building systems and processes for user privacy and security.
* Proven track record of building and supporting cross-functional teams.
* Experience supporting, coaching, mentoring, and developing engineers.
* Experience analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make engineering and product decisions.
* Experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
* Experience with C/C++/Java or comparable language.
* Experience working on security and privacy systems for emerging technology fields.
* Experience in security, integrity (anti-abuse), privacy, and risk management.
* Experience in Linux and Android.
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.