RN Vascular Access
Employment Type: Full-Time
Fairview Health Services is searching for enthusiastic RNs looking for a rewarding career in our busy Surgical Specialties Unit located at our Edina, Minnesota campus. This is an 8 hour evening position, including every other weekend. Benefit eligible.
Our Vascular Access Team serves a high acuity, diverse population of both surgical and medical patients. while partnering with an experienced multidisciplinary team.
The Vascular Access Team RN is responsible for troubleshooting and placing all types of vascular access devices Managing the care vascular access of the young adult, adult or elderly patient experiencing vascular needs. The Vascular Access RN is responsible to the Nurse Manager for assigned Vascular Access Team.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of nursing care for all assigned patient population(s). The RN is responsible for performing these responsibilities in accordance with all policy, procedures, professional practice guidelines and the MN Nurse Practice Act. The RN coordinates care with members of the health care team and delegates responsibilities to others as appropriate.
Hours: 56 hours every two weeks
About This Position:
* Complex Patient Population
* Opportunities for Personal and Professional Growth and Development
* Continuous Learning Opportunities
* Stimulating Work Environment
* Making a Difference for People in Our Communities
* Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to patients and family's diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
* Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by patient's condition and/or the hospital policies, procedures or protocols and reprioritizes care accordingly.
* Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and facility.
* Participate in non-clinical assignments, which may include serving on special committees.
* MN RN licensure in good standing
* Two years recent RN Vascular Access experience or 5 years acute care nursing experience
* Has, or obtains within 3 months of hire, independent PICC line insertion and ultrasound guided IV insertion skills
* Competent in peripheral IV insertion in all patient populations
* BSN or higher RN degree
* Previous PICC and Midline catheter insertion in adult patient populations