Employment Type: Full-Time
Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Pricing Analyst
Job Requisition Number: RC312163
Category: Decision Science & Analytics
Pay Type: Exempt
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15205
Harrison, Arkansas 72601
Lakeland, Florida 33801
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
Brookfield, Wisconsin 53045
NOTICE: SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE TO NEW HIRES FOR THIS POSITION
FedEx Services is seeking qualified applicants for Pricing Analyst positions within the Revenue Management U. S. Strategic Pricing division. Applications to this posting may potentially be considered for multiple Pricing Analyst positions and sent to multiple Hiring Managers for review and consideration.
* Under general supervision, develops and runs computer models and assists in providing quantitative pricing analysis. Helps implement key tactics that support global pricing strategies.
Job Specific Information:
* The Pricing Analyst plays an important role in the FedEx Revenue Management Organization. This role is intended for people with strong interest in the financial analysis field and requires strong business judgement, an understanding of financial principles, and excellent communication skills.
* Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to work closely with FedEx Sales force to develop customized pricing programs with an overall goal of increasing volume and revenue share while managing yield in order to effectively maximize revenue.
* Under general supervision, develops and runs computer models and assists in providing quantitative pricing analysis.
* Helps implement key tactics that support global pricing strategies.
* Assists in conducting pricing analysis by utilizing advanced computer modeling techniques & database tools.
* Develops excellence in computer aided modeling and decision support using advanced programming languages (e.g. C, SAS, SQL), relational database management systems or online analytical processing tools (e.g. CPLEX) to accelerate data analytics.
* Utilizes these skills to support the development of advanced tools, scientific models and statistical reports to track, analyze, and optimize revenue, yield & profitability.
* Other duties as assigned
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
* Utilize customers' current shipping data and available market data in FedEx pricing analysis models to prepare customer-specific profit and loss forecasts that enable the analyst to make appropriate pricing recommendations and decisions.
* Produce financial analyses with a strong understanding of profit and loss statements in order to provide financial oversight to the managed sales regions.
* Prepare write-ups and presentations for various levels of management.
* Daily verbal and written communication with the FedEx Sales force, management and Operating Companies.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience Considered a Plus:
* Ability to work autonomously, self-manage workload, and adapt to changing priorities on a regular basis.
* Participate in cross-functional/cross-regional projects to improve the pricing infrastructure across the entire enterprise.
* Coordinate development of project plans and timelines with other team members throughout the world.
* Ability to engineer end to end applications using process engineering techniques and software development paradigms (SDLC, BPM, waterfall, agile, etc.)
* Expertise in business, marketing, pricing and revenue management analytics.
* Solid understanding of quantitative and statistical approaches to business analysis related to revenue analytics and revenue optimization
* Leverage prior experience with data analytics, modeling, and decision support software packages such as Excel, SAS, SQL, relational database management systems or online analytical processing tools.
* Help develop tools and reports to track volume, revenue, yield, and profitability.
* Master's degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, operations research, economics, finance or other quantitative area of business.
* Demonstrated knowledge gained through course work or work experience of advanced programming languages (like SQL, SAS, or C), relational database management systems (like UNIX) or online analytical processing tools (like CPLEX) providing computer aided decision support.
* Strong human relations, communications, and analytical skills.
Domicile / Relocation:
* The primary domicile location is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Other possible domicile locations are Lakeland, Florida; Harrison, Arkansas; Memphis, Tennessee; and New Berlin, Wisconsin. Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs
* Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF) and answer job screening questions to apply.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.