Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Data Technology Services (Datatech) provides Worldpay's Big Data capabilities including large scale data processing, analytics, fraud platforms, machine learning engineering, stream processing and data insights. Datatech provides large compute clusters in multiple datacenters and the cloud. Datatech teams self-organize using agile practices. Help maintain and advance infrastructure that enables the apps and services powering our business services and customers and manage infrastructure projects and processes and provide strategy and implementation services that enable Operations to achieve substantial cost reduction and business agility benefits through the use of DevOps and continuous delivery processes.
What you will be doing:
As Visualization Platform Principal Systems Engineer you will be hands-on designing and building insightful and inspiring visualizations in our new cloud data platform in AWS and Snowflake. As BI technical domain specialist, you will be solving new challenges daily as we build out new advanced analytics products. As business/technical domain expert you will be contributing to management tooling strategy and architecture for cloud visualization platform.
* Ability to architect a stable WebFocus solution guaranteed for high operational availability /performance
* Experience in setting up sites, users and security management
* Experience with WebFocus server sizing, clustering
* Experience with all features of WebFocus
* Hands-on experience with WebFocus and demonstrates expertise with complex data visualizations and Data Modeling
* Strong client facing communications skills. Ability to present product reviews, project plans and provide guidance on next steps with the customer.
* Ability to develop support plans that recognize the customer's priorities, challenges, initiatives, and potential areas for improvement.
* Ability to use independent judgment and technical expertise to identify, document, and report issues with design, reliability, and maintenance.
* Ability to provide proactive technical support and clearly communicate procedural and status updates in complex and often critical customer environment
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent IT experience and/or training
* 5+ years of hands on experience as a WebFocus Administrator performing Installation, upgrading, monitoring, debugging, tuning and capacity planning.
* Practical knowledge in WebFocus Server best practices: including administration, security, & clustering and the ability to communicate the pro & cons of each based on strategic implementation goals
* 2+ years of WebFocus development
* 3+ years of experience driving at least on major WebFocus application implementation for an organization larger than 100 users
* Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
* Knowledge of or Exposure to Agile development methodologies
* Experience with other BI platforms such as Tableau
* Experience working with big data/Hadoop environment
* WebFocus Certified Professional preferred.
What we offer you
* The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
* A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
* A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.