NEW $15/HR Starting Rate
You can also Join us every Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at 2085 Oak Leaf, Joliet, Illinois, USA, 60436-1873. Meet the team and learn more about your future career! There will be an opportunity to fill out an online application and for an on-the-spot interview! Social Distancing, PPE and all other state guidelines will be adhered to during these events.
Be more than just a driver, help improve the lives daily of people who live in our community-While working for a company that values everything you do. Each day our essential drivers transport individuals who rely on our service to doctors’ appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! If you love helping people and driving – come work for us! We’re immediately hiring to offer the employment experience you desire and the flexibility you need.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- NEW $15/HR Starting Rate
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Full Time Shifts available
- Flexible Schedule
- Year-round work (Unlike School Bus Driving Positions)
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You’ll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Have good communication skills
- Have availability to work assigned shifts
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver’s license for at least 5 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to a drug test and physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That’s why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job.
Driver barriers have been installed to protect drivers. Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer are all provided.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.