Patient Serv Rep Onsite 1 - ES
Employment Type: Full-Time
Patient Service Representative I
Hours; Wed - Sat 12:00 pm - 10:30 pm
* The Onsite Representative is responsible to screen patients on-site at hospitals for eligibility assistance programs either bedside or in the ER.
* This includes providing information and reports to client contact(s), keeping them current on our progress.
* Review the hospital census to identify self-pay patients on a daily basis.
* Screen those patients who are in-house and are designated self-pay for state, county and/or Federal eligibility assistance programs.
* Begin the application process when possible.
* Identify specific patient needs and direct them to the appropriate agency for assistance.
* Introduce the patients to Firstsource's services and inform them that we will be contacting them on a regular basis about their progress.
* Provide transition for the Patient Account Representatives to develop a positive relationship with the patient.
* Legibly record all patient information on the designated in house screening sheet.
* Document the results of the screening in the hospital computer system.
* Inform the designated hospital employee(s) of the availability of assistance for each patient in a timely manner.
* Identify out-patient accounts from the census that are designated as self-pay.
* Print a ledger for each outpatient account identified as self-pay.
* Make an attempt to reach the patient by telephone.
* Outside field work as required.
* Document out-patient accounts when accepted in the hospital system.