Dining Unit Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Return to Job Listings
Dining Unit Manager (Metalsa) (KY, Elizabethtown)
Five Star Food Service is searching for talented Dining Unit Manager / Chef who is directly responsible for implementing and following the culinary standards and overseeing the culinary operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the development, planning, and promotion of the culinary program at the assigned dining location
* Support management with Contract Proposals, Menu Pricing and Menu Innovation
* Track food costs while Managing Vendors to provide Standard Cost-efficient Products
* Estimate Food Consumption and Requisition of Food Purchase
* Standardize Production Recipes to ensure consistent quality
* Responsible for continued growth of overall line of business: Cost, Quality, Presentation and Innovation
* Collaborate with Area Managers on expense tracking for accurate financial projections
* Ensure that appropriate Sanitation, Maintenance and Safety Standards are followed
* Implement and maintain Culinary Excellence Standards
* Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise all culinary activities
* The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services
* Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel and clients
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
* Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
* Full day availability is required, flexible schedule.
* Should expect to work 50 hours per week.
* Computer skills in Word and Excel are a requirement.
* Must be able to lift 35-50lbs+; on a repetitive basis and have the ability to reach, bend, stoop on a frequent basis.
* Must be able to consent to a pre-employment background check.
* Must be able to consent to a drug screen.
* Ability to follow workplace safety policies and guidelines.
* Extensive travel will be required in this position
* Full-Time Employee Benefits Package Includes: Medical, Vision, Dental, Life & AD&D, Critical Illness, Short & Long Term Disability, 401(k), paid vacations and holidays
* Help us generate 500,000 meals for hungry kids each year via our 501(c)3 charity, Feeding the Future, Inc.
* Status: Full-Time
About Five Star Food Service:
Join one of the nation's largest on-site food and beverage service providers proudly offering custom solutions to our clients including micro-markets, full-line vending, coffee service, pantry service, sustainable products, water (filtered and bottled) service, catering, and corporate food service.
Notice: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location - KY, Elizabethtown