Deco Department Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for achieving sales budgets and providing an exceptional shopping experience to every customer through established company guidelines concerning sales, customer service, and staff training and development.
* Drive, teach and adhere to the P's of retail to include but are not limited to People, Product, Price, Purchasing, Position, Presentation, Promotion and Pro Services
* Engage customers and provide a quality shopping experience, and ensure store associates provide quality customer service
* Strategically merchandize and utilize the company guidelines to outline merchandising practices.
* Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and maintained. Guarantee safety and security of customers and employees by following established guidelines and procedures regarding loss prevention and risk management.
* Assist the Chief Executive Merchant in supporting, modeling, and enhancing seamless customer service focus by creating an environment that is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and quick for customers and co-workers.
* Work as KCM or Manager on Duty as required
* Conduct weekly competitive shops.
* Communicate pricing and/or inventory issues to the senior team.
* Analyze and work all business reports in order to be in the best merchandising, in-stock and pricing position. Reports include but are not limited to the following:
Profit Los statements (P&L)
Category Performance Report (CPR)
Business Analysis Tool Report (BAT)
Store Purchase Order Analysis Report (STPOA)
Store Price Change Report (STPRC)
* Utilize computer and point of sale systems to maintain accurate inventory, cycle counts, and profit and loss management, including shipping and receiving of inventory.
* Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or exceed expectations to support brand consistency.
* Interface with corporate headquarters employees.
* Ensure maximum scheduling coverage during peak traffic periods.
* Review and assess the performance of associates on a timely basis.
* Train, develop, supervise and define workload of store associates as appropriate.
* Monitor associate retention and career development, and communicate improvement efforts to Chief Executive Merchant.
* Address and document unsatisfactory performance and policy violations of associates through administration of disciplinary action and performance counseling.
* Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and business planning processes.
* Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support company expectations and systems.
* Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
* Assist the Chief Executive Merchant in handling store level human resources or loss prevention issues as necessary.
* Available to open and/or close the store in an effective manner.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
* Three to five years retail management experience and proven ability direct operations.
* Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex location.
* Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter.
* Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and training associates.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment in managing a fast-paced environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency.
* Demonstrated ability to increase the company's overall market share.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills and work well under pressure
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT)
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
Physical Work - Ability exert 30 - 60 pounds of force occasionally, and or 20-30 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
NOTE: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.
BENEFITS & REWARDS:
* Bonus opportunities at every level
* Career advancement opportunities
* Relocation opportunities across the country
* 401k with discretionary company match
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Referral Bonus Program
* Corporate Discount Programs
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.