Automotive Technician: Ford Lincoln Veteran Careers Program
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Ford-Lincoln Veteran Careers Program is designed to recruit and train experienced military Veteran maintenance mechanics and technicians. Military Veterans with a maintenance related career, technician, or mechanic experience become brand-certified Ford-Lincoln chassis certified automotive technicians with dealerships that are immediately hiring. Military Veterans with a maintenance related career, technician, or mechanic experience must meet prerequisite qualifications, experience and capability requirements. This includes attending a four-week long in-resident instruction and certification course upon being hired with a Ford-Lincoln dealership.
This employment opportunity is a U.S. Department of Labor and GI Bill® Approved Apprenticeship Program, which means that eligible Military Veterans with a maintenance related career, technician experience, or mechanic experience may use their GI Bill® Benefits to obtain a monthly stipend (based on DoD BAH rates) for their first two years of employment with Ford-Lincoln.
$30,000-$60,000 Annually (starting salary will depend on experience, education, location, and other factors)
Responsibilities of the Automotive Recruiter:
* Military Veterans with a maintenance related career, technician experience, or mechanic experience will perform assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
* Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by dealership service advisors.
* Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
* Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Consultants (for customers).
* Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
* Notifying Service Advisors if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
* Documenting work performed as directed by Service Advisors.
* Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
* Military Veterans with a maintenance related career, technician, or mechanic experience are responsible for keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
* Keeping the dealership service area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
* Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
* Automotive technicians at Ford-Lincoln dealerships are required to wear appropriate PPE, to include safety glasses. Maintaining safety awareness at all times.
* The Ford-Lincoln automotive technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
* Dealership uniforms are required.
Qualifications for the Automotive Technician:
* Military Veterans with a maintenance related career, technician, or mechanic experience wanting to continue or begin a career as an Automotive / Maintenance Technician must have the ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements with the hiring dealership (drug screening, credit score, motor vehicle record report and a background investigation)
* Military Veterans with a maintenance related career, technician, or mechanic experience must meet the following qualifications:
* An Honorable Discharge from the United States Military and the ability to provide proof of service and discharge if applicable.
* Formal military schooling in a technical field such as mechanical, power generation, aviation maintenance, electrical, electronics, hydraulic systems, or other parallel technical specialized skills; Must be able to provide proof of technical training and job designation.
* Completion of an Automotive Technology certificate or degree program from an accredited Vocational School or College
USA, MSG (RET)
Industry Management Services