OpEx Regional leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2019. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
This position will be responsible to drive Operational Excellence (OpEx) across a region of the Forterra Drainage business while collaborating with the General Manager & Operations Director(s) of the region to develop and execute strategies to drive year over year performance improvement(s) in operations and transactional processes. Will support global OpEx Forterra Drainage initiatives by architecting & implementing a Lean Operating System, coaching/teaching OpEx leaders, leading Focused Improvement (Kaizen) events and fostering a Continuous Improvement culture.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
* Coaches/Teaches OpEx Leaders to utilize Managing for Daily Improvements (MDI), scorecard counter measure process, Focused Improvement (Kaizen) Events, lean work cell design, and CI tools (TQM, TPS, Lean, Six Sigma, VSM, etc.)
* Develop, coach and mentor team members on continuous improvement tools and Lean methodologies
* Develops and delivers training material to support team development
* Fostering a Continuous Improvement culture by creating a learning environment and mentoring team members
* Promote employee ownership and engagement. Ability to lead focused improvement teams, as well as coordinate and facilitate team activities and lean events
* Key member of the leadership team architecting & implementing a Lean Operating System for the Forterra Drainage business
* Initial areas of OpEx development include: a robust Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI) process, scorecard process(s) which triggers a root cause counter measure (RCCM) cycle on key metrics, process focused productivity improvement modules, lean/level scheduling methodology, etc.
* Develop and execute regional strategies to drive year over year performance improvement(s) in operations and transactional processes for critical business metrics (safety, quality, delivery/customer satisfaction, cost/productivity, inventory, etc.)
* Facilitates the regional strategy deployment process by managing the regions targets to improve, scorecard, and counter measure process. Ensures regional, plant-site and departmental strategies are aligned with the divisions overall strategy
* Leads and drives regional lean transformation and change initiatives by engaging cross functional teams
* Supports the development of a plant-sites idea funnel(s) while monitoring, supporting and executing the current years improvement plan
* Communicates plant-site and regional progress to Champions, Business Leaders and Executives
* B.S in Engineering preferred - Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical, master's degree a plus
* Prefer 5-10 years of demonstrated qualified OpEx, CI or Lean operational experience in a leadership role
* Multi-Site Leadership experience preferred
* Extensive utilization of Managing for Daily Improvement (MDI/GEMBA) based continuous improvement tools and techniques
* Solid knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Lean Operating Systems (Toyota Production System, Daniher Business System, etc) and methodologies such as: 8 Wastes, 5s/Visual Management, Standard Work, Root Cause Analysis/Problem Solving, Mistake Proofing, SMED (rapid change-over), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), Level Scheduling, Cell/Factory Floor Design, Material Flow, Flow Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, Just in Time, Kaizen/Continuous Improvement, Project Management, Strategy Deployment, etc.
* Demonstrated in prior experience the ability to apply Lean methodologies to drive measurable and tangible improvement results in operations and transactional processes while facilitating cultural change
* Strong Project Management Skills with the ability to understand and drive cost savings
* Proven experience in developing teams utilizing strong influencing and coaching skills
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) with all levels of the organization (Spanish is a plus, but not required)
* Excellent organization skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage time effectively
* Demonstrates a passion for solving problems, manufacturing, and operational excellence
* Passionate about lean concepts and system thinking
* Computer skills (MS Office, MS windows, Email, ERP)
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Forterra Building Products is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.