UI Development Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
WHAT WE DO
Headquartered in Atlanta with locations globally, Fortna is an award winning, end-to-end design-build firm whose expertise spans over seven decades of service. Founded in 1946, we provide strategy, automation design & systems integration, and warehouse execution software to the world's most recognized brands.
WHAT SETS US APART
At Fortna, our three mission-critical pillars connect our people across the globe and help distinguish us as a leader in the marketplace.
* Our PEOPLE are at the heart of everything we do. We are guided by a set of business principles and ethics that are baked into the excellence we bring to each project from start to finish.
* Our PASSION unites our Associates through our shared passion and commitment to integrity, hard work and a collaborative approach. We love what we do, and it shows.
* We PROMISE to be accountable, to act with integrity and deliver results for our Clients. Our diverse team of global Associates work as 'One Team' to deliver on our promises to Clients.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Perks and benefits : At Fortna, our people are everything - so the perks and benefits you'll receive from being part of the Fortna team are generous. From competitive compensation packages and health insurance offerings to Associate-led committees created to drive positive change, the employee experience at Fortna is truly unmatched.
Talent Development : We believe every Associate deserves the resources and support to grow and thrive. That's why a career at Fortna comes with powerful professional development opportunities. Learn directly from the industry's best and brightest. Our training, mentoring and on-the-job experiences are designed to enhance your skill set - preparing you for increasingly challenging roles and accelerating your career.
The primary focus of the UI Development Lead will be to work on our Client-facing websites, Content Management Systems and Web applications. The person in this position is expected to be an SME on web frameworks and UI development.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Working with Software Product groups to understand the vision of the next generation of the Fortna WES web-based user interface (UI).
* Define and implement the web framework to provide optimal user experience while maintaining and improving development efficiency.
* Collaborate closely with UX team for UI design and provide technical oversight.
* Establish and drive the UI development processes.
* Develop technical design and specification documents.
* Collaborating with our development team to ensure consistency across the modules.
* Collaborating with other teams to solve integration points or infrastructure challenges.
* Following best practices to build maintainable, highly scalable websites while following Agile development methodologies.
* Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality.
* Identifying areas of greatest risk, including security, product availability and scalability.
Experience and Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
* 4+ years of experience as a web programmer/developer.
* Ability to lead a team of UI developers and manage their workload.
* Practically experienced in ReactJS and React Native.
* Be familiar with CSS Preprocessors such as SASS/LESS.
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Practically experienced in Nodejs, Express, SQL, or NoSQL database.
* Having experience in Vue, Angular is a plus.
* Be able to use Adobe Photoshop for simple graphical design.