Employment Type: Full-Time
WHAT WE NEED
Caring, precise mammography techs
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Want to know what makes a huge difference in the experience of getting a mammogram? The Mammography Technologist. Your role can make a day brighter, reassure someone who is nervous, and ensure that the best images are taken for diagnosis. At Franciscan Health, you get to do all that in an environment that incorporates a strong faith into everything we do. It's not just a technologist job, it's a role of compassion.
Can you clearly and pleasantly prepare a patient for a mammogram? Are you precise with your work and able to operate breast imaging equipment? Can you accurately follow procedures? We have a special place for your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Assume responsibility for self-development and keep current on the latest technology/techniques.
* Clean, maintain, and restock examination and inventory rooms.
* Collaborate on patient medical issues with the physician to determine protocol and procedure.
* Complete all mammography, bone density, breast ultrasound exams, and procedures; identify optimal images, evaluate and submit for physician review, according to policy and protocol.
* Confirm patient identify and obtain and records patient identification; review and update patient documentation in EMR/PACS.
* Practice established safety and quality guidelines (MASA/ARC), and utilize ALARA radiation reduction tools and techniques.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
* Prior Radiology and/or Mammography experience.
* Analyze and synthesize complex quantitative information.
* Change management.
* Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
* Manage conflict and tactfully handle complaints and difficult situations.
* Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNREC, and JCAHO safety codes, regulations, and requirements.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law. Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights. Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.