Employment Type: Full-Time
* GENERAL SUMMARY
* Under general supervision and following established procedures, performs a variety of tasks to maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of assigned areas. At times, may be required to do Aide I work as necessary.
* PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Occasionally helps to train new employees to perform assigned tasks.
* Selects materials, supplies, and equipment from designated areas. Loads supplies onto cart and transports work cart to assigned areas.
* Cleans Operating Rooms , Dental and pediatric areas
* Cleans On Call Room, Lab, Inpatient rooms, P.A.C.U., and Operation Float.
* Sweeps, dust mops and wet-mops hard and resilient floors of assigned areas according to procedures.
* Dry dusts, damp dusts and spot washes horizontal and vertical surfaces, such as walls, doors, partitions, as well as ledges, pipes, corners, and other hard-to-reach surfaces using step stools or ladders as necessary.
* Dusts, washes and polishes moveable and fixed furniture and equipment items such as tables, desks, file cabinets and waste receptacles as required.
* Cleans and polishes mirrors, stainless steel, brass, and other decorative materials as necessary. Removes graffiti.
* Vacuums carpeted floors and weather mats.
* Moves and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning.
* Sanitizes and disinfects sinks, toilets, showers, bathtubs and other restroom fixtures and accessories. Refills dispensers as required.
* Strips, cleans and remakes beds/stretchers upon patient discharge / transfer according to departmental procedures.
* Disposes of waste and linen, including contaminated and/or pathological and chemotherapy waste according to procedures. Relines receptacles with clean bags. Transports trash and linen to designated areas. Removes full needle boxes and replaces with empty ones.
* Reports facility repair needs to the immediate supervisor / designated person as necessary.
* Returns unused supplies to designated areas and cleans equipment after each use.
* Empties and transports recycle containers. Processes recycled paper according to HIPAA regulations.
* Assists in disaster response drills.
* Removes, prepares for cleaning and re-hangs draperies, cubicle curtains and shades as required. May use ladder.