Clinical Histotechnician I, Certified
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA), located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's. Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education.
The Clinical Histotechnician I is responsible for producing high quality histology work for SCCA patients and clients. A Clinical Histotechnician I position requires sound judgement, attention to detail and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing. The technician will work under the direction of the supervisory staff and will have close interactions with the Department Manager and Pathologists. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job in order to carry out the primary responsibilities.
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 2:30 - 11:00 pm
* Receive, accession specimen using LIS computer system
* Process various specimens according to protocol and in a timely manner
* Prepare specimens using various methods including paraffin sections, frozen sections, and cytocentrifugation. Section specimens on a microtome
* Perform various routine and special stain histochemical procedures, Perform Immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization
* Prepare reagents, maintain laboratory equipment, record data, and file tissue blocks and slides. Assume responsibility for reagent and supply inventories. Order supplies in a timely manner.
* Complete in a timely manner all assigned maintenance duties related to the IHC area and equipment
* Perform all duties related to on-call work
* High school diploma or equivalent required, Associate Degree preferred
* HT (ASCP) certification required
* Sound judgment
* Work under direction of supervisory staff
* Attention to detail
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
* Ability to troubleshoot situations
* Associate degree
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.