Senior Medical Science Liaison
Employment Type: Full-Time
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Senior MSL is responsible for providing fair balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care professionals (HCPs), key opinion leaders (KOLs), managed care key decision makers (KDMs), and to internal business partners. The Senior MSL is responsible for identifying and maintaining strong relationships with KOLs, HCPs, managed care KDMs, and other external stakeholders. The Senior MSL will also serve as a mentor and deliver internal and external training.
The MSL team supports FMC Renal Therapies Group (RTG) mission, vision, core values, and customer service philosophy. The team supports FMC RTG Medical Affairs strategies as it relates to investigational and commercial US products and disease states within the FMC RTG nephrology portfolio adhering to the FMC Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrate detailed and comprehensive therapeutic area and product knowledge to effectively contribute and support RTG Medical Affairs strategies and objectives.
* Engage in complex scientific exchange about FMC RTG products and ensure appropriate dissemination of clinical and scientific information.
* Effectively cultivate, maintain, and leverage relationships with local, regional, and national KOLs, HCPs, and managed care KDMs using scientific plans.
* Effectively identify and manage relationships with KOLs as advisors, investigators, and/or speakers for FMC RTG activities in accordance with company policies; identifies and trains program chair(s) and speakers.
* Apply an in-depth knowledge of the competitive environment to constructively support RTG strategies
* Deliver strong, high-impact clinical presentations customized to diverse audiences, including physicians, nurses, dietitians, and managed care KDMs.
* Expertly communicate the clinical and economic value information for FMC RTG's products to managed care KDMs.
* Effectively leverage insights to support Medical Affairs activities, including advisory board meetings, medical congresses, and other activities as assigned.
* Effectively and actively support Clinical Research with company-sponsored and investigator-initiated research studies by identifying data gaps and partnering with Medical and Brand Teams.
* Collaborate effectively with various cross-functional internal departments.
* Coach and mentor MSL colleagues.
* Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to handle frequent interruptions, changing priorities, and/or long hours in order complete projects.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
* Must be able to handle frequent overnight travel; domestic travel required at least approximately 60% of the time.
* Doctorate in science (Ph.D.), Medicine (MD), or pharmacy (Pharm.D.) required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Minimum of 3 years of related experience in the pharmaceutical and/or device industry, including at least 1-2 years as a medical science liaison.
* Must be self-motivated in working independently.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; public speaking experience required.
* Effective and robust interpersonal skills combined with the ability to continually demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to change the thinking of or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
* Must be able to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment and/or tight deadlines.
* Robust skills in developing relationships and building networks with KOLs, HCPs, and managed care KDMs.
* Works effectively in a team by maintaining a proactive and collaborative approach in managing situations involving both internal and external customers.
* Exercises strong personal integrity to make sound and independent judgments; anticipates problems and comes up with appropriate solutions in an organizational and analytical manner.
* Thorough understanding of Medical Affairs and knowledge of industry practice and regulations.
* Demonstrates expertise in MS Office technologies.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.