Employment Type: Full-Time
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
This individual will interact extensively with the Production and Maintenance teams to enhance the day-to-day operations of the plant. Maintenance Electricians support the production of high-quality commercial roofing products and the ideal candidate thrives in environments where safety, quality, service, and cost are the highest priorities.
Technical Responsibilities include:
* Troubleshooting daily machine issues.
* Support medium and long-term expense and capital development projects.
* Have general electrical expertise.
* Strong comprehension of critical systems and equipment specific to their plant.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure both preventative and reactive repairs and maintenance tasks are completed in a timely manner to ensure continuous operation of all production lines
* Enter and update maintenance records in MAXIMO to accurately record hours worked, job completed and maintain correct spare part inventory
* Communicate with other production operators and leaders in a positive manner
* Assure all activities are performed safely
* Complete and follow all required permits for the type of work being performed
* Must be willing to continue training and stay current on GAF's HMI, PLC and troubleshooting requirements
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
* Interprets all electrical schematics and prints, and updates prints to reflect any modifications to equipment and maintains, installs or repairs all communication cables or wiring.
* Fabricates parts as required using common hand and machine tools, makes power cable splices and works with 'hot lines' as required.
* Tests and puts into service all electrical equipment that has been repaired, moved or recently installed; wires and maintains all building and structures including lighting and fixtures; and troubleshoots all primary (up to 480v) and secondary electrical systems and control circuits.
* Diagnoses actual or potential problems, makes the necessary repairs, and test runs new and repaired machinery, lubricates and performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and performs piping work such as fitting and bending.
* Operates all equipment and performs all tasks in a safe manner following all safety procedures, including Lockout/Tagout and Hot Work Permits and keeps the work area clean and performs other jobs as directed.
* Minimum five (5) years electrical/electronic education and industrial experience
* Familiarity with NFPA70E Electrical/ Arc Flash Safety principles
* Familiarity with industrial portions of the National Electric Code
* Excellent electrical theoretical basics to include Ohm's law, AC and DC motors,
semiconductors, and combinational logic
* Excellent PC/Windows skills
* Knowledge of at least one common PLC platform (preferably Allen Bradley), including
ladder logic-based problem solving and program modifications
* Knowledge of and installation/problem solving experience with; common switches and
sensors such as proximity, photoelectric, and mechanically activated devices
* Pressure and differential pressure switches
* Electric and pneumatic valve actuators
* Pressure, level, and flow meters in process applications
* RTDs, thermocouples, and electric transmitters
* HART, 4-20ma, and 3-15 PSI standard instrument signaling and control systems
* Handheld electric metering equipment (multimeter, ammeter, frequency meter)
* Chart recorder, oscilloscope, and other diagnostic equipment
* AC fixed speed motors (single and 3 phase), including motor control circuits
* AC and DC variable speed drives in standalone and system-line drive applications
* Electronic and pneumatic single loop controllers, including basic tuning
* Common industrial lighting
* 480, 240, and 120V power equipment, including transformers, circuit breakers, and
MCPs with ratings and applications
* Ability to interpret information from poorly maintained electrical prints
* Excellent documentation abilities
* Excellent problem solving process
* Excellent/positive communication skills
* Team oriented
* Excellent collaborative skills
* Must be a currently active Electrical Technician with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
* Must also be able to meet the minimum requirements below, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Able to achieve a minimum Composite score of 265 on the Wonderlic Verbal and Quantitative tests.
* Able to lift and handle up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb and work at elevated heights.
* Able to learn and use computer software to utilize the Maximo MMS.
* Able to work around the chemicals and environment present in both the Shingle and Nonwoven Plants.
* Must be able to effectively communicate written and verbally.
* Allen Bradley Powerflex 70/700/755 drives
* Allen Bradley Kinetix 6000 Platform
* Burner controls
* Knowledge of Industrial Network protocols (Ethernet, Controlnet)
* Experience with Wonderware software
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).