HR Business Partner 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Plans, conducts and coordinates and a wide variety of professional-level human resources activities in functions such as employment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, unemployment insurance and related areas for General Dynamics - Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS). Generally specializes in two or more assigned areas. Provides technical support on HRIS systems. Administers policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties.
Major Position Responsibilities
* Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
* Provides technical support and training on HRIS systems like LMS which includes but is not limited to report writing, developing and modifying interfaces and problem solving.
* Conducts functional area research, analyzes data and prepares recommendations to management on assigned projects.
* Typical tasks include assisting in the development and conduct of recruiting programs, interviewing, screening, evaluating and extending employment offers to qualified applicants; reviewing requests for job classification and grade changes, reviewing competitive data for compensation and/or benefits surveys, assisting with the development of benefit additions and changes recommendations, developing programs, preparing GD-OTS benefit brochures; interpreting/applying GD-OTS human resources policies and counseling employees concerning assigned, specialized area. Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee issues.
* May analyze trends of a competitive nature and within GD-OTS.
* May keep records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews and terminations and employee statistics for government reporting.
* Assists in the performance review program to ensure completeness, tracking, effectiveness and compliance within GD-OTS.
* Participates in the development, implementation and administration of the assigned, specialized areas, such as benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence and employee assistance or salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
* May prepare employee separation notices and related documentation and tracks conducted exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
* Develops recommended courses of action to meet objectives.
* Conducts studies to determine feasibility, cost benefits and potential human resources program applications.
* Provides other human resources services as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (AA/AS) in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field from two-year College or university; or six to nine years related human resources experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong computer skills, administrative data control, scheduling and team interface. Strong written and verbal communication skills and teamwork. Looks for ways to improve and promote safety and quality. Promotes cost savings. Manages competing demands while meeting commitments. Works within the highest level of integrity, ethics and safety. Operates under minimal, limited direction and exercises independent judgment. Ability to travel, including possible international travel, is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications required, however, Professional Human Resources Certification or pursuing PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP certification is preferred.