Desktop Support Tech II
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Herndon - 13857 Mclearen Road (VAS091)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ100557
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges.
GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology. Own your opportunity at GDIT and you'll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate. Our work depends on a Systems Tech II joining our team.
At GDIT, we foster a people-centric environment. In this role, a typical day will include:
* Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
* Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
* Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
* Provides technical support and training to end-users.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Act as onsite operator for other technical and organizational teams to provide hands/eyes support as well as standard administration functions.
* Participates in special projects as required.
* The work is typically performed in one or more office environments, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment. The GDIT office will be a fast paced work environment supporting hundreds of employees primarily working out of cubicles and remotely at customer sites. Some lifting will be required, average is 50 pounds or less. Carts will be provided for heavier items. Some local travel will be required.
To be considered for the position candidates must have the following:
* Associates degree plus a minimum of 1 year of directly related experience supporting end-user computing and customer support.
* Strong written and oral communication, and excellent customer server skills.
* Experience with Microsoft Windows Workstation, operating systems, and common applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
* Experience with desktop/laptop and application support
* Solid understanding of basic networking principles
* Operational knowledge of the following is a plus: Active Directory and Group Policy, SharePoint, and Microsoft System Center products
The following are preferred but not required:
* Support for handheld devices (iOS, Android,)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Herndon - 13857 Mclearen Road (VAS091)
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.\n\nGDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.