Global Assurance Program Manager, Environmental Health and Safety
Employment Type: Full-Time
* 7 years of experience in EHS auditing and in-field safety management.
* Experience designing and implementing programs to manage EHS operational risks.
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
* Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, or in an environmentally-related discipline.
* Professional EHS Certification (CSP, CHMM, REM, Licensed Environmental Assessor or similar certifications).
* Experience communicating with Federal, State, and Local Authorities regarding environmental issues.
* Experience leading large cross-functional teams to align and deliver technical projects.
* Safety and construction experience.
* Excellent collaboration, project management, and written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you'll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish - working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As Data Center Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Assurance Program Manager, you will provide leadership in the development and implementation of EHS assurance programs aimed at delivering improved performance throughout the lifecycle of the data centers. The assurance program focuses on key EHS risks, including but not limited to, legal compliance and conformance with corporate standards, and requires process development and verification of in-field activities at various Google Data Center (GDC) locations.
In this role, you will engage with leaders to define business requirements and design strategies/programs that proactively engage stakeholders in an innovative and well-structured manner.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Provide leadership and strategic support for all GDC Health, Safety and Environmental assurance programs (i.e., supervision, auditing, inspections, and management review) by developing robust solutions designed to mitigate defined EHS risks across the lifecycle of the data centers.
* Work closely with EHS program managers to plan and allocate resources across existing programs to ensure strategic alignment.
* Foster an environment of continuous improvement for all EHS assurance programs and initiatives.
* Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams.
* Travel between 30-50% of the time.