Senior User Experience Researcher, Google Ads
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 8 years of industry experience within a research setting.
* Experience with research design utilizing various methods (i.e. usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc.).
* Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
* Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
* Experience leading strategic research efforts and integrating user research into product designs and design practices cross-functionally.
* Demonstrated ability to choose the best qualitative research methods and frameworks that will be persuasive to a range of senior and executive stakeholders during the product development process.
* Comfortable in a highly-technical environment; ability to engage with quantitative stakeholders and understand quantitative findings and materials.
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: 'Focus on the user and all else will follow.' User Experience Researchers (UXRs) make this possible.
User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers who care deeply about the people who use our products. We play an integral part in gathering insights about product user needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other, engineering, and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for our users and Google's businesses.
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you'll help your team of UXers, product managers, and engineers understand user needs. You'll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products. Working with stakeholders across functions and levels, you'll have impact at all stages of product development. You'll explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis.
The UXR community at Google is unique and will help you do your best work. You'll have the opportunity to work with and learn from UXRs across Google through regular meetups, mentor programs, and access to internal research tools.
Google Ads applies cross-disciplinary expertise to deliver insights, systems, and trusted user-centered experiences to billions of people. Our products vary from measurement tools for businesses to identity and verification systems for online commerce. As one of the largest UX teams at Google, we also provide unique opportunities for peer support, mentorship, learning, and growth.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's philosophy: 'Focus on the user and all else will follow.'
* Lead strategic research to identify novel product opportunities and conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
* Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
* Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
* Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
* Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.