Strategic Partner Manager, Payments
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
* 5 years of work experience in the Electronic Payments industry or related area including card, direct debit, online banking and other alternative payment methods
* 5 years of work experience with agreement negotiations
* Experience managing partners, providing payment processing and/or ancillary payment services
* Understanding of operating rules, regulations, and key contracting terms related to payment processing
* Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, team environment
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) internally and externally as an advocate with all levels of management with our partners
* Solid analytical skills managing large volumes of data in payment processing and insights that drive systems and process improvements with payment partners
* Acumen to digest complex business processes to evaluate new opportunities and assess impacts to cross-functional teams
About the job
Google's payment platform processes billions of commerce transactions for internal Google products (e.g., Google Play, YouTube, Google Cloud, etc.). As a Payments Partnership team, we build partnerships to enable reliable, cost efficient, and secure commerce experience across all Google products. Strategic Partner Managers work with Finance, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Product, Business Development, and Engineering teams to locate, develop, and manage payments partnerships.
In this role, you will also represent Google to the card network associations, issuers and acquirers who support our payment transaction processing for all Google products and services. You will own management of these partnerships, and advocate on behalf of Google to engage business and industry leaders to drive improvement in the payment supply chain to ensure Google's products have the best customer payments experiences and set new global standards in scalability and efficiency.
Google's Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users' needs, advance our partners' goals, and further Google's mission. Our team provides meaningful solutions - from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value. We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
* Be a trusted partner to Google's product teams, consulting on payments best practices, potential partners, and industry rules, and drive partner improvements based on scorecards, metrics and assessments
* Lead Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP), and discussions for partner selection
* Be the ultimate point of contact and leader for resolving complex partner escalations across different categories (financial, operational, technical, regulatory, etc.)
* Identify industry improvements and optimization opportunities and represent Google in conversations with partners, networks, issuers and acquirers to improve processing capabilities
* Define and drive partner strategy to support industry trends and Googles' product roadmap