Technical Program Manager, Electrical Design and Safety
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, occupational health and safety, quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
* 6 years of experience in occupational health and safety, or relevant engineering fields.
* Experience evaluating safety in engineering and design solutions, and implementing systems to manage risk.
* Experience in electrical safety or designing/constructing buildings, industrial systems or infrastructure products.
* Experience in construction/commissioning safety or contractor management.
* Knowledge of data center operations, facilities management, engineering, and construction.
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
* Ability to identify key issues, gather and analyze large complex data sets to support hypotheses and develop actionable recommendations.
* Ability to travel 25% of the time.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you'll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You'll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
You will provide leadership and direction in the design of electrical infrastructure products and data center building projects as well as drive Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) excellence with our electrical suppliers. This proactive, upstream effort aims to mitigate risk downstream to our employees, partners, and the environment across the data center lifecycle.
You will engage with all levels of employees and leadership to design new tools and processes to support team goals. You will work with key stakeholders in engineering, project management, construction, operations, and EHS as well as external partners to continuously evaluate program risks and opportunities, and develop work plans to execute on agreed objectives.
* Provide entire reviews as the EHS stakeholder in new electrical infrastructure product and data center building designs, and act as electrical design safety subject matter expert for the Environmental Health, Safety and Quality (EHSQ) organization upstream of Construction.
* Partner with Construction, Commissioning, and EHS stakeholders to develop programs that drive EHS excellence with our electrical product suppliers and electrical field service teams.
* Lead the design risk assessment process by ensuring integration of our EHS Owner program requirements and facilitate the creation of quality Design for Safety deliverables throughout the design lifecycle.
* Work with key stakeholders to explore new innovative technologies and opportunities to improve safety through engineering and design solutions.
* Evaluate design-related electrical safety risks identified during Construction and Operations and lead a cross-functional collaborative effort to address them at both site and programmatic levels.