Technical Program Manager, Leadership
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
* 10 years of experience in program management.
* 5 years of people management experience.
* Master's, PhD degree, or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical related field.
* Experience managing engineering program managers or software engineers.
* Experience hiring and leading teams, including distributed teams and vendors.
* Ability to exercise technical judgment in solving software engineering challenges.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical global, cross-functional groups.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Google builds products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether they're down the street or across the globe.
As a lead on our team, you'll use your technical expertise to lead teams focused on complex, multi-disciplinary projects with Google-sized impact.
In this role, your team will plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. And, thanks to Google's industry leading benefits and ample opportunities for personal and professional development, you'll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
* Manage and grow a team of Technical Program Managers.
* Identify and solve cross-functional and inter-team challenges.
* Manage multiple interdependent projects of moderate to high complexity and scope.
* Use technical judgment to drive project delivery and technology reviews, challenge proposals, and build consensus.
* Build positive, trusting relationships through consistent, on-time delivery of commitments and effective communication.