Technical Program Manager, Security
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of experience in technical program management on security or software engineering programs.
* 5 years of security experience in vulnerability management, incident management, security assessments.
* Experience in open source technologies and/or cloud infrastructure.
* Experience with security research, bug bounty programs and/or vulnerability remediation.
* Experience working cross-functionally with engineering and leadership teams like Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Security Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, Software Engineers and DevOps.
* Experience in vlookups, query, or regex.
* Demonstrate understanding of concepts such as: user experience, networking, cryptography and/or systems architecture.
About the job
By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following areas based on role availability: Cloud Security and Platforms Security.
As a Technical Program Manager focused on Security, you'll use your technical expertise to protect user and customer data, as well as corporate and other highly sensitive information. You'll protect Google and its users by hardening the network and compute infrastructure, both in the Cloud as well as on premise. You will work closely with security engineers to proactively find and fix security vulnerabilities as well as ensuring Googlers write secure code.
In this role, you'll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. And, thanks to Google's industry leading benefits and ample opportunities for personal and professional development, you'll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
* Manage and scale security engineering programs by defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation, and successful on-time delivery.
* Understand the end-to-end solution and implementation path in order to execute large, complex security programs.
* Coordinate between a multitude of cross functional teams and set clear expectations about responsibilities to internal and external customers.
* Exercise design and architecture related knowledge to develop and drive technical solutions alongside engineering teams.
* Focus on driving automation and process improvements.