Painter C - 2nd shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
Graco manufactures and markets premium equipment to move, measure, control, dispense and spray a wide variety of fluid and powder materials. What does that mean? Well, we pump peanut butter into your jar, and the oil in your car. We glue the soles of your shoes, the glass in your windows and the screen on your phone. We spray the finish on your vehicle, coatings on your pills, the paint on your house and texture on your walls. Graco is part of your daily life.
Graco has excellent opportunities available to individuals who want to be part of fast-moving, growing company - especially candidates committed to quality, innovation and solving customer problems. Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2021.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. We have excellent manufacturing opportunities for machinists, machine mechanics, quality inspectors, CMM programmers and other production workers.
Assist with pre-paint and post-paint activities to assure quality, timely delivery and the efficient operation of the paint line
This position is on 2nd shift - 2 PM to 10PM - Monday through Friday.
JOB RESULTS AREA:
Operation of the paint line with continuous flow of acceptable finished parts to manufacturing and/or stock.
* Masks parts prior to painting as defined by Graco prints and operation layouts
* Maintain required work efficiency and productivity on assigned work stations.
* Loads parts on the line prior to painting using defined racking procedures
* Conform to all safety rules including: wearing hoods whenever painting, wearing safety glasses anywhere within department, reporting any unsafe acts or conditions.
* Remove parts from the line after painting and pack/stack them in accordance with defined material handling procedures as required prior to stock or assembly.
* Under direct supervision from the Lead Painter, individual must accomplish following as time and opportunities permit
* Learn proper use of all paint line equipment.
* Fill in for other paint line operator functions including Painter as required.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Basic Math, Basic Blueprint and/or Math for Manufacturing, Blue Print Reading for Manufacturing, PC Skills for Manufacturing.
* Must be willing to perform a multitude of jobs including relief painting as department needs dictate.
* Must be willing to learn established department procedures.
* Must be willing to accept the challenges posed by a conveyorized team effort, operational within the paint line.
* Ability to learn a variety of department functions.
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits and career development opportunities. Graco's comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!