News - Multimedia Journalist/City Beat - KTUU KTUU
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV's early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska's most watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week on television. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com has become a digital news leader, and Channel 2's mobile News and Weather applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state's capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. KTUU-TV also operates KYES, Channel 5.
To learn what it's like to work for KTUU, watch our video:https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/content/misc/What-its-like-to-work-for-KTUU-406566725.html?_ga=2.187598625.html?_ga=2.187598625.802848565.1601311566-281755813.1598908755
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
* Excellent live reporting skills required, ability to ad-lib during breaking news
* Ability to do active and involved live shots and stand-ups
* Strong on-camera presentation skills required
* Excellent interview and communication skills
* Must be able to write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
* Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines and use Social Media daily
* Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
* Must enterprise hard-news, research-based stories at daily news meetings
* Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications and Internet use
* Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
* College degree is required. Journalism or related field is preferred
* Must hold a valid driver's license and a good driving record
* Ability to shoot/edit video, ability to work independently as a 'one man band'
* Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
* Must have the desire to be at work during big breaking news, weather coverage and special events
► Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters (KTUU-TV) and attach your resume