Data Scientist/ Predictive Modeling Actuary- Open to Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Open to Remote
* Constructs accurate predictive models to be used in the company's insurance operation
* Determines requirements, plans projects, establishes priorities, and monitors progress
* Provides key expertise in statistical theory and software application (R, Python, etc.)
* Facilitates involvement of business areas, incorporates insurance knowledge into model development
* Communicates model result to executive-level audience
* Drives data quality initiatives for future analytics projects
* Maintains awareness / currency of emerging data sources and data science tools that may be useful to the company.
* Manages a team of analytical staff
* Has responsibility for performance, development and coaching of staff
* Evaluates project status and resource utilization and implements changes to improve the team's effectiveness.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.Field of Study: Predictive Analytics, Information Technology, Statistics, Actuarial Science or a related disciplineExperience: 3 to 5 years of hands-on modeling experience preferably in the insurance industry; supervisory experience preferred; exhibits leadership qualities. Actuarial Designation preferred.