Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant
Employment Type: Part-Time
2020-2021 Speech-Language Pathologist Assistant Part-time Positions in the East Valley: Archway Arete and Arete Prep
Assists Speech Language Pathologist in providing speech and language services to students in a charter school setting. SLPA will be assigned to two schools co-located on one campus. One of the schools is elementary and the other is secondary. The professional roles and activities in a school setting include clinical/educational services, direct treatment, screenings, consultation, collaboration, data collection and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct prevention and pre-referral education to teachers and staff
* Complete screenings for students who may need speech therapy without interpretation, using screening protocols specified by the supervising SLP
* Consult with the teachers, school staff and parents as needed
* Provide direct treatment, identified by the supervising SLP, by following the written individualized education treatment plans
* Offer intervention strategies to staff for carry-over of the students' speech and language goals and objectives
* Complete required daily documentation
* Assist the SLP in the collection and tallying of data for assessment purposes without interpretation of data
* Attend parent conferences, IEP meetings, with the permission from the supervising SLP, and written documentation from the SLP. NO interpretation of data and/or change in treatment plan can be done without the SLP's input
* An SLPA may NOT write a formal screening, diagnostic, progress or discharge note
* An SLPA may NOT perform ANY task without the approval of the supervising SLP
* Perform such other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Skills are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include adhering to safety practices and experience working with school-aged children. Knowledge is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percent, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals; write documents following prescribed formats; and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes knowledge of pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws Ability is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with specific job-related data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. In working with others, independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include communicating with diverse groups; adhering to safety practices; and meeting deadlines and schedules.
* Completion of certified training program for Speech Language Pathology Assistant
* Valid Speech Language Pathology Assistant license from the Arizona Department of Health Services
* Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
* Proficient in the use of technology.
* Great Hearts employee must also demonstrate a commitment to and love for the liberal arts.
* AA or BA Degree
* Job-related experience
QUESTIONS? INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
You may reach out to Ms. Nicolette with any questions you have or send an email stating interest (be sure to include your resume) to Ms. Nicolette Mosley at 623-282-1412
NMosley@ArchwayArete.org. For more information regarding Great Hearts Academies or for help completing your application contact email@example.com .
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Great Hearts Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer