Clinical Laboratory Scientist II, MRD
Employment Type: Full-Time
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. Guardant Reveal is a minimal residual disease test, launched this year to help manage the treatment of early-stage colorectal cancer and we are seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist II who will be responsible for building and supporting the production operations.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II is responsible for performing high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures, interpreting and reporting patient results, and complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The work requires keeping meticulous and organized records, excellent attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, be flexible with tasks and schedules and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform laboratory tests, procedures and analyses per the laboratory's standard operating procedures
* Review, interpret and report patient results in LIMS
* Independently identify and troubleshoot high complexity problems that adversely affect the test performance
* Perform, review and document laboratory quality control procedures
* Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
* Perform and document routine preventive maintenance
* Assist with training of new laboratory personnel
* Maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations and prepare reagents required for testing
* Perform and document reagent qualification per the approved protocols
* Perform annual review of Standard Operating Procedures
* Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Supervisor or Safety Officer
* Participate in introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation
* Perform other miscellaneous laboratory duties as assigned and assist others as time allows
* Must possess an active, valid CLS Generalist or Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist (CGMBS) license issued by the state of California CLS or CGMBS license pursuant to Division 2, Chapter 3 of the California Business and Professions Code or to practice medicine, osteopathy or podiatry pursuant to Division 2, Chapter 5 of the California Business and Professions Code appropriate to the specialty or specialties they are performing;
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field;
* Minimum 2-years licensed experience
* Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
* Experience in a molecular lab or willingness to learn and master new procedures quickly
* Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
* Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Hours and days may vary (including conversion to weekend shifts) depending on operational needs;
* Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary;
* May be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high-speed centrifugation;
* Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary; and
* Some lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be necessary.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.