Employment Type: Full-Time
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Junior Loan Officer plays an important role in the organization by performing a variety of activities directly related to the company's Production functions. The role is primarily responsible, under moderate supervision, for providing quality relations with borrowers through completing the origination processing of application, loan disclosure, review files for adherence to underwriting standards; ensuring completeness of submission to processing. Contacts borrowers to collect necessary documentation and act as a liaison between origination staff, underwriters and customers.
* Obtain accurate and thorough 1003 and close at least two (2) loans a months or six (6) loans a quarter.
* Collect supporting documentation from borrower:
* 30 day paystubs
* 2 years tax returns
* Last 2 years W2's
* Award letters, disability, trust income, etc.
* LOE for Gaps in jobs
* At initial contact with borrower provide needs list and complete application
* 2 months bank statements
* Obtain executed disclosures within regulations time frame.
* Obtain accurate AUS findings.
* Analyze credit report and financial scenario, determining appropriate loan product(s).
* Determine (price) a profitable loan and communicate fees to ops team.
* Submit a complete loan package to processing.
Note: Processing will not proceed without a complete loan file: Complete application, signed disclosures, at least 80% of what is required to obtain an UW approval.
* Lock in rate.
* Review CD to ensure fees and cash at closing are consistent with commitment to Customer:
* Issue Lender Credit if needed
* If loan out of balance, work with processor & branch manager to request subsidy
* Resolve file problems, bottlenecks and qualifying issues throughout production and underwriting process.
* Provide administrative support in the collection and preparation of submitting loan application with supporting documentation to processing.
* Coordinate, create, track and distribute marketing materials.
* Manage client and referral partner databases.
* Answer customer inquiries involving rates, products and loan application status to ensure quality customer service.
* Perform any other reasonable duties required by Guild Mortgage Company or Managing Loan Officer.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* At least two years of experience in Mortgage lending or related field.
* Active NMLS License.
* Able and willing to meet customers outside the branch.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
* Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
* Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
* Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
* Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Intermittent to low supervision required, depending on experience
* Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities
* Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
* Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
* Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
* Environmental: Office environment - no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.