NP/PA Sleep Medicine
Employment Type: Full-Time
We seek a family nurse practitioner (FNP) or physician assistant (PA-C) to provide direct patient care in all areas of Sleep Medicine in a at the first facility accredited by AASM (American Academy of Sleep Medicine) in the state of Wisconsin. Live, work and play in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. La Crosse is home to amazing sunsets, clean air, and a relaxed lifestyle on the Mississippi River. With three universities and many cultural events, the friendly people of the area assure a real sense of belonging in this moderate size city.
As a provider in this clinic practice you would work in a collaborative environment with supportive colleagues and excellent support staff. The FNP or PA-C would manage patients with sleep disorders including sleep disordered breathing, insomnia, hypersomnias, restless legs syndrome and parasomnias different ages (youth through geriatric). You would provide expert knowledge when consulted and refer patients to other hospital specialty services when needed. The hours of the position will be four days a week 8:00am to 4:30pm with no weekends and no call. The position will include outreach up to twice a month.
At least 2 years' experience post degree NP in direct patient care. Strong preference given to candidates with experience in sleep medicine. Family medicine, Pulmonary, ENT, Neurology, Psychiatry experience are relevant. Proven skills as a health care provider. Demonstrated ability to work both cooperatively and independently in-patient care. Ability to work with patients of different ages (youth through geriatric). Excellent personal and interactive skills.
Gundersen Health System is:
* A physician-led, not-for profit healthcare system
* Located throughout western Wisconsin, northeastern Iowa and southeastern Minnesota caring for patients in 19 counties
* A regional referral center with regional hospitals
* A teaching hospital with 325 beds and a Level II Trauma and Emergency Center
* Repeatedly named among the top 50 hospitals in the nation, placing us in the top one percent
* The designated Western Academic Campus for the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health
* Environmentally responsible, the first health system to achieve energy independence in October 2014
* We offer a competitive salary, loan forgiveness, generous benefits, including CME time and monetary allowance, retirement plan and more.
Gundersen Health System is an award winning, physician-led, integrated healthcare system employing nearly 900+ clinicians. Our mission is to distinguish ourselves through excellence in patient care, education, research and improved health in the communities we serve. A rewarding practice and an excellent quality of life awaits.
About La Crosse:
La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. The region boasts great year-round outdoor recreation, excellent schools including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods. La Crosse is a town of an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home.
Must have completed an accredited program and be eligible to obtain a license to practice in our multi-state region with no restrictions or limitations. Advanced practice clinicians work under the direct supervision of a physician. Clinician staff may need to provide outreach service as part of their role in the system. Teaching students, residents, fellows or clinical staff is cornerstone to our Medical Education philosophy and an expectation of all clinicians.
Equal Opportunity Employer