Shoe Fitter - Orthotics
Employment Type: Full-Time
With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With nearly 160 years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's vision is to lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Could This Be For You?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist patients with medical braces, prosthetic limbs, arch supports, and other orthotic devices. This is a physical, patient-facing role and knowledge of kinesiology. The ideal candidate will have a background in physical therapy, kinesiology, casting tech work, or orthopedics. Paid Training is provided.
* Perform shoe and brace fittings
* Instruct patients on proper use of orthotic devices
* Assist clinician with patient care and orthotic services
* Other duties as needed
* High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred.
* Minimum of six months experience in providing customer service in the following settings; sports rehab, fitness, healthcare, and medical office or retail. OR current certification as a Certified Fitter of Orthotics (i.e., American Board Certified (ABC)) or board eligible for certification
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be accepted by the hiring Hanger Clinic. All inquiries will be directed to Human Resources.
Our Investment in You
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
* Competitive Pay
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* 8 Paid Holidays per Year
* Paid Vacation Time Off
* Paid Sick Time Off
* 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
* Floating Holiday
* Life Insurance
* Medical Flex Spend Account
* Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
* Free employee assistance program
* Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and long-term disability insurance