Associate Underwriter, Hanover Specialty Industrial
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Property Underwriting department is seeking an Associate Underwriter to join our growing team in our Columbia, MD office.
The Associate Underwriter serves as integral member of the underwriting team by handling routine underwriting responsibilities including renewals within authority, new business data collection/input, new business submission management, account analysis and file documentation. Provide day to day agent servicing and manage territory workflows. Primary service contact ensuring prompt responses to underwriting needs, coverage interpretations, and account inquiries. Responsible for delivery of a superior service experience to our agents. Supports territory team by enabling the underwriter to focus on agency relationships and business development. The position reports to the Underwriting management.
This is a Full-time, Non-Exempt role.
Estimated time allocation (subject to change):
* Renewal and/or endorsement management (40%)
* Preparation of new business underwriting submissions including initial underwriting (45%)
* Data entry including new business tracking (15%)
* Review new business submissions to ensure that proper documentation and data collection is in the file prior to referring to Underwriting/Loss Control
* Process renewals and endorsements for assigned accounts and determines appropriate pricing
* Develops specialized language for special provisions and policy modifications
* Deliver timely and accurate policies and endorsements to agents
* Ensure accurate database input
* Take on additional tasks as needed
Key Measures of Success:
* New business, renewal and endorsement service metrics
* Renewal retention and agency relationship based on renewal book
* Productivity metrics
* Quality and accuracy of output
* Timely and efficient support of underwriting activities
* Underwriter feedback
* 3+ years of related insurance experience
* Bachelors Degree preferred
* Basic understanding of insurance concepts, practices, and procedures
* Functional knowledge of property insurance product offerings
* Analytical skills
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Attention to detail
* High comfort level using Microsoft Access & Excel
* Industry training and/or certifications (such as CPCU) are a plus.
'The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.'
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
* Job Function Underwriting
* Pay Type Salary
* Columbia, MD, USA