Financial Analyst I - Personal Lines Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Personal Lines Operations team is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join the team in Worcester, MA. Flexible work arrangements offered for this opening.
This is an exempt, full time role.
Develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control, by performing the following duties:
* Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
* Provides interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory, or customer financial regulations.
* Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance.
* Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
* Evaluates complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
* Directs preparation of studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
* Interprets and applies corporate financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory.
* Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts.
* Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
* Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
* Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as rate of return, depreciation, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements.
* Assists organization's controller in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements.
Role is aligned to, and part of, the Personal Lines Operations organization and includes:
* Act as liaison between business operations and PL Finance to manage creation of budget
* Create and speak to monthly expense reporting and analyses, via Excel and Power BI
* Vendor purchase order and invoice management
* Generation of CBA and ROI analyses for vendor acquisitions, process improvements and automation opportunities
* Has exposure to PL COO and CFO to report out on finances and budget
* Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in nature, but usually involves limited responsibility.
* Minimal administrative duties.
* Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required.
Required Skills & Experience and Competencies:
* Typically has 0-2 years related experience and Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
* Knows and applies well the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field or specialization.
* Able to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
* Able to work in a fast paced or stressful environment
* Able to travel as necessary
* Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods (75%-90%, as appropriate)
* Required to work on-site
* Able to work cooperatively
'The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.'
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
* Pay Type Salary
* Worcester, MA, USA