Talent Development Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hanson Professional Services is seeking a dedicated, experienced, and personable Talent Development Consultant to manage, design, develop, and coordinate development programs for high school and college students that are aspiring engineers. Additionally, this role partners with the Talent Manager on talent development initiatives to include performance management, new manager training, new employee onboarding, and best places to work initiatives.
This position is preferred in the Springfield, IL or Sarasota, FL office but we will accept resumes for candidates who could work in any of our offices.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA.
This position is responsible for leading and facilitating best-in-class programs for our future workforce as well as programming to enhance the experiences or our current workforce. The Talent Development Coordinator executes high-impact, strategic initiatives such as our nationally recognized summer internship program, campus partnerships and our high school and minority youth programs.
Our Talent Development Consultant is a strategic thinker and a natural collaborator with cross-functional teams and ensures success by being a subject matter expert on workforce planning, employee development and engagement, and learning content. The talent Development Consultant must maintain an exceptional record of program accomplishments, is proactive, and thrives in complex matrixed environments.
* Manages strategic workforce development programs to include nationally recognized summer intern program, campus partnerships and career fairs, Shadow Hanson Day, and the Grow Our Own program
* Manages the full cycle recruiting process for internships and new graduate positions
* Assists with key Talent Development and Human Resources initiatives to include new employee on-boarding, performance management, employee development and compliance training
* Collaborate as a learning consultant to internal training partners to ensure consistent content delivery across the organization
* Assist with employee engagement initiatives to include rollout, communication, metrics, and reports
* Assist with annual 'Best Places to Work' applications
* Provides support on key initiatives and projects to the VP of HR, HR Manager, and Talent Manager
* Assist in the planning and development of training events including the handling of logistics such as technology, supplies, and venue
* Manage employee learning in the learning management system and LinkedIn Learning
* Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field
* Must have at least 3-5 years' experience in Human Resources or training environment
* Experience with adult learning techniques preferred
* Experience with change management initiatives preferred
* Experience in instructional design and classroom facilitation preferred
* SHRM-CP, PHR or CPTD certification preferred
* Experience working with remote office locations preferred
* Able to handle sensitive/confidential information
* Basic knowledge in HR employment laws and compliance
* Employee relations experience desirable
* Able to work independently, multi-task, and complete many tasks with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment
* Outstanding communication skills. The ability to draft/edit proposals, reports and presentations
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, and vendors
* Expert level time-management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* High proficiency in MS Office applications -Word, Excel & PowerPoint required
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS