Employment Type: Full-Time
Clemens Food Group is the industry leader in customer solutions. Originally founded in 1895, the Company has a long rich heritage, deeply rooted in values. Clemens Food Group is a vertically coordinated company that includes hog farming, food production, logistical services, and transportation. To this day, it remains steadfastly dedicated to continuing previous generations' commitment by operating as good stewards of the community and the environment, offering quality innovative products and services, and working with our business partners, customers, employees, and family members with the highest degree of integrity and ethics.
The primary purpose of the Maintenance Mechanic is to perform general mechanical troubleshooting and repair the equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Troubleshoots and solves all mechanical problems. This includes replacement of parts such as bearing, pulleys, belts, chains, or sprockets.
* Repairs/Rebuilds any drive component such as motors, gear reducers, or variable speed drives with the exception of sophisticated equipment which requires special tooling or training not readily available. This also includes follow-through to make sure proper parts are ordered.
* Troubleshoots pneumatic systems including pneumatic cylinders, directional valves, solenoid valves or speed adjusters.
* Rebuilds any of the above pneumatic components.
* Has knowledge of all related hoses and fittings.
* Reads and interprets pneumatic schematics.
* Understands hydraulic equipment and systems.
* Understands all hydraulic components.
* Rebuilds/Replaces components.
* Reads and interprets hydraulic schematics.
* Understands and uses lock-out/tag-out procedures.
* Understands basics of circuit breakers, fuses, starters, or control circuitry.
* Uses an electrical test meter to test voltage, amperage, continuity, or ohms.
* Troubleshoots electrical systems such as breakers, relays, timers, or solenoids.
* Troubleshoots electro-pneumatic and electro-hydraulic systems.
* Troubleshoots any type of electric motor.
* Previous mechanical experience highly preferred but willing to train. Candidates with automotive mechanical background acceptable.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* Demonstrated commitment to safety and quality required. Strong interpersonal, problem solving and effective communication skills are also required with a desire and ability to work and communicate as a team